Second Stage

A few weeks had gone by since the party incident and we had moved on to the second stage. Since my abnormal amazing ability to fight I landed 3rd in ranks. Thankfully my friends had also been above the line.

We were all gathered in a long corridor with old chairs, that squeaked loud with any movement. Four was calling us in one by one and every single time someone went in, a new person came out. A more petrified, exhausted person. I wasn't scared to go in the small room, I was more intrigued than anything.

Finally, Four called my name. "Next up is Kat." I got up from my seat and gave a reassuring glance to Christina and Tris. Walking into the room I was met with a sense of deja vu.

It was the same exact set up as the aptitude testing. Four gestured for me to sit down after he shut. 

"I will inject you with a serum that stimulates the part of your brain that processes fear. It induces a hallucination and then transmitters in the serum will allow me to see the images in your mind." I laughed allowed and he turned to me.

"You can see inside my mind?" I said still chuckling. He smirked and walked over to me. I craned my neck to the side so he had better access and he pushed it in. A few moments later it all went black.

---

I woke up on the ground in the Amity fields. Gross. I never wanted to come back to this place. I looked around me. The entire Amity faction surrounded me. They began pointing and laughing at me.

Why were they here? Why were they laughing at me? My heart began to race. 

"You will never be one of us. You will never fit in." Johanna spoke and everyone seemed to go silent, but their presence still haunting.  A single tear slid down my cheek and my breathing became heavy.

"I do belong somewhere, Dauntless," I screamed at her. She knew my father and she knew what he did to me and did nothing about it. The scene went black. I tried to calm my breathing, and it worked, kind of.

Then I was in a bathtub. I looked down at the drain and spiders began to spill out of it. I stood up and started stomping on the spiders and the drain trying to close it but it wouldn't I needed to calm down and find a solution. I took off my jacket fast and shoved it down the drain and it all went black.

I woke up in my bedroom in the small Amity house I lived in with my father. I jumped out of the small bed. No. No. No.No. I cannot be back here.

"Katherine come in here now!" I heard my father scream from his bedroom. No. No. No. I tried the window. Pulling at it trying to open it. Nothing, it wouldn't budge. "Are you trying to run away, baby girl?" He said in his scary quiet voice. My hands shook and my breathing faltered. 

I screamed as he lunged for me. He pinned me on top of the bed. He gripped both of my wrists in one hand and undid his belt with another. I was screaming my head off, kicking, and fighting him off. But nothing was working. He looped the belt around my wrists and tied it to the headboard.

This is what happened. Almost every night. I couldn't fight him off, I was useless I was never strong enough. The tears were covering my face and blurring my vision. I heard his pants hit the floor, I had memorized that sound. 

 "Dad, please no," I begged him. No matter how much he did this to me I could never find a way out. I was always weak. I could never fight him off. I was too weak. Wait. I blinked away the tears and squirmed as he grabbed my hips to take the black skinny jeans off of me.

I WAS to weak to fight him off. Now I have the training and knowledge of how to defend myself. I took a deep breath as my father unbuttoned my jeans. I grabbed the headboard with my hands pulling me up. My father looked stunned for a second.

I brought both my legs up to my chest and donkey kicked him in the groin. He clutched himself in pain.

I took this moment of weakness as an opportunity. I turned to my hand's which were still bound. I began knawing at the leather with my teeth stretching it trying to weaken it enough to slip my hands through.

My father stood up, once he had recovered himself.  He grabbed my hips sliding my pants all the way down to my ankles. I screamed at him. I was in the same position, back to square one. The look in his eyes shook me to the core.

He raised his hand and slapped me across the face, cutting my lip open. I spat the blood in his face.

"You're not being a good girl, Katherine." I pulled my hands out of the belt hold finally punching him across the face and it all went black.

-----

I gasped and jolted up in the chair and screamed. Four touched my shoulder trying to calm me down.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed looking at him. It was Eric who touched my shoulder. I immediately began to cry harder. He picked me up bridal style taking me out of the room by the back door.  I cuddled into his chest and continued to sob.