Eight

Warning: Very crappy because I have zero inspiration to write this.
Read at your own risk.

It was a weekend night when Zu was with some of her friends from school. They were over at her house and while the night wasn't that entirely cold, she figured they could have a bonfire to keep warm. After the fire was started, everyone got comfortable.

"You know what would make this even better?" Graham, one of her friends, asked.

"What?" The others asked.

Without missing a beat, he said, "If we had s'mores."

Zu tilted her head as she tried to think if she had the ingredients to make them. "I think we might just have those," she said as she held up her pointer finger. "I'll be right back."

Zu got up from her spot and went to the kitchen of her home. She checked the cabinets before she checked the pantry. She was lucky to find graham crackers, marshmallows, but no chocolate. Instead, she found Nutella and figured they could use that instead of chocolate squares.

"Plastic knives," her father said as he set them on the table.

She was surprised to hear his voice as she didn't hear him go into the kitchen at all. "Thank you," she said as she took them and brought them with her outside. "We got the equipment!"

The others got happy and helped her out. While she was getting the ingredients, her friends were getting sticks to use for the marshmallows. Eventually, they all started to get the marshmallows, roast them, and assemble the s'mores.

At most, they had three. Some had one more, some had one less.

"I have an idea," Zu said as she threw her napkin in a trash bag that was near. She sat back down on the tree stump. "Why don't we tell scary stories?"

The others looked at each other, unsure.

"They have to be good though," Rachel said. "Scary good."

Zu added, "And sci-fi doesn't count."