Chapter 19: Humble Beginnings

A/N: Chapter 19 is officially complete. Do you think I'm moving a bit too fast? I'm trying to get the plot going so we can get the fun stuff but, if it doesn't make sense, let me know! Comment and vote! Thanks for reading! XOXO

--Vivane15

>>Image: The "Waterfall" hangout spot.<<

"Idiot!"

I slammed the mirror much to hard, lodging glass shards in my fist. Hating myself I uttered a groan and pulled them out, letting teh skin heal. Dark droplets of blood landed on the white sink. I couldn't form a relationship if my life freaking depended on it. Arrow hated me, Mason was terrified of me, Jackson wanted to kill me, and Pax had never cared for me.

Nikoli had logically said, "Well, it seems that I'm all you have left." And I had lost it.

I had told him that I didn't want him anywhere near me. That I'd rather be alone than associate with him and his army of bloodsuckers.

So he left.

Tears burned my eyes and I sunk down on the edge of the tub. What was I doing? Why was everything so complicated all the time? I wanted to give up. To call my mother and beg she take me home. I wasn't cut out for this environment. It was dangerous. Honest to goodness dangerous out here. I thought back to a simpler time. They had made me think that everything could be as simple as what I grew up with. I know realized that wasn't the case but rather, I was lied to.

Fuck them.

Fuck them all.

I wiped away my tears, gathering my pride. I needed to go and see Arrow. It had always been Arrow . He was my rock. He seemed it forgive the unforgivable when it came to me. That was priceless. I needed it get my priorities straight.

Why did it take me so long to come up with this seemingly obvious response?

I'd skipped my afternoon classes following the conflict I'd caused. This day had just gone to shit.

The heaviness of the situation on my shoulders was now weighing stronger.

Their lives were in danger now, because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut. My pride was my crippling weakness. I would help Arrow--my friends--if it killed me. It was the natural response. At the end of this year, my father would step down and I would step up. It would be up to me to lead and protect the pack.

I needed to grow the hell up--and fast.

(Arrow's POV)

Was I freaking out? Oh, God, yes.

My head was pounding, Mason would not stop crying, Pax was missing, and Jackson was sulking.m

I was just plain panicking.

I knew, deep down, that this would happen eventually. But that did not prepare me any more than what I was now. This was all almost unbearable. "Take-take me ho-ho-home," the emotional omega begged a quiet Jackson desperately. "W-w-where he ca-can't get me!"

"That won't help." My voice was flat. I was ready to just give up.

We had lived in exile, giving up from the beginning. Why was I fighting this? I should just let teh sadistic wolf kill me, let Mackson sport and get away with Mason in tow. If he failed...well...I could hope that Northern Skies would keep Mason safe. "Stop it," begged Jackson. "Please. You're stronger than him."

I shook my head. I was tired for living this delusional fantasy where we could match these wolves. We couldn't win with a pack, we couldn't win now as rouges. "I don't care anymore," I finally admitted. "I just want to be done."