Chapter 10: The Coven House

A/N: So? Do you guys like steady Nikoli more? Or feral Arrow? Chapter 10--yay! Comment and vote! Thanks for reading! XOXO

--Viviane15

>>Image: what I picture the Coven House to look like.<<

Half a dozen wolves were spread in out in the big, spacious room. Some were parked in the corner, doing Bliss.

Others were watching TV or indulging in video games. Nikoli's presence sparked interest in them all and he got warm, personal greetings from his friends. He just smiled and bowed his head in response, giving me his full attention. "Do you wan to go into my private quarters or stay out here with them?" His blue eyes were innocent in the request and I bit my lip. "Um...whichever you prefer," I decided, secretly hoping we'd stay out here.

"Well," he said after a pause. "It's a bit loud out here. Sam and Xena will be in the other room. They usually are pretty quiet if you want to talk in there?"

Relieved that no one would ease drop and also wouldn't be alone I gladly accepted his offer. He smiled and held out his hand. I choked for a minute as I looked at the long, gracefully, pale fingers he was offering. Timid, like a nervous pup, I slid my hand into the cold, marble-like hand. My temperature adjusted almost instantly, relieving me of the mild discomfort of the chill. He smiled at me and I glanced down with embarrassment. No one really held my hand like this before. In fact, no one ever had. I gulped at the importance of this.

Jeez. I'd only known this boy for less than a day. I was a hand-holding whore. That was just the fact of it.

Fighting the urge to face-palm myself and hating how my thoughts kept jumping around I bit my bottom lip. The room had a bed in it which made me recoil naturally. "Don't worry," he said. "It serves us no purpose. We've only just met."

He sat me down on a leather love seat and I quickly located two pale figures entwined in the window seat that overlooked the gorgeous woods. "So tell me about yourself," said Nikoli giving me his full and undivided attention.

I smiled ackwardly. "What do you want to know?"

"Hm...how are you liking South Haven so far?"

I though about yesterday and grimaced. "It's not the...smoothest of situations," I admitted carefully. "But today hasn't been so bad."

"I heard about what happened yesterday." Nikoli stated.

I looked down, ashamed. He probably thought I was some vampire-hungry beast who was could snap at any time-- why do I care? Not to seem emotionless but I hadn't cared about his before now. "Now, now Samantha. You are provoked. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You put those God awful creatures in their place, my own wretched kind included. That vampire you took a bite out of? Rena's primary love interest."

"That explains why she hates me so much," I muttered to myself.

"No, Rena is a bitch. That's all there is to it. The fact you did that just provided her a kind of 'justification' for her hatred," explained Nikoli. "But enough about her. Tell me about your parents. Your mother was a vampire queen, yes?"

I blushed. "Yeah. Her name's Victoria."

"The long-lost daughter of William and Prudence of The Northern Coven," said Nikoli in a deep, sarcastic tone. "Ran off and married a werewolf--"

"And birthed a bastard creature," I finished. I'd heard this tale time and time again. It was odd, knowing that it wa sky life that was used a warning story for young, rebelling vampires. "Yeah. That's me."