1 | 3 SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

The epiphany I had on Friday night haunted me for the rest of the weekend. By Monday, I still didn't know whether or not I should confront him about it. There was always the off chance that he wasn't Red and I was going to make a complete fool out of myself.

Katherine stood beside my locker once more, but this time, I brought the coffee.

"Thanks," she murmured and took a long sip. She gestured to the rose peeking out from the vents of my locker. "Lover boy at it again? Soon, I'm gonna have to call you Mrs. Kyle Dawson."

I groaned and opened up the locker. "Skylar and William already call me that. I think they changed my contact in their phone to that name."

Katherine snorted a laugh and handed me the rose. Today's note read: Good morning, beautiful. Check your texts ;)

I fished my phone out of my pocket. Sure enough, he had just sent a text to me. I guessed he had it scheduled or something.

Dawson: You free for lunch today?

Sure. Where were you thinking of?

Dawson: It'll be a surprise. Meet me out front after third?

I replied a quick "yes" and shoved my phone away.

Katherine picked up a red piece of paper from the ground with a frown. She handed it to me. "Is this from your secret admirer?"

I opened up the folded piece of paper. Meet you tonight @ the same time? The handwriting looked pretty much the same. I suppose I could never predict when Red might summon me. He hadn't drawn the check boxes nor was there a cheeky note on the back, but I scribbled my answer anyway.

I nodded. "Yeah." I shut my locker and we headed down the hallway together.

"So does this mean you and Kyle are exclusive?" Katherine suddenly asked. She minded the people near us and lowered her voice.

I pursed my lips. "Exclusive?"

"Yeah, like officially dating."

"What's the difference between that and what we're doing now?"

"You're technically dating, but you aren't exclusive to each other. Exclusive would mean that you were like how you and Vince were. You were committed to only each other. Right now, you and Kyle haven't had that conversation yet. Am I right?"

I nodded slowly. "You're right. I'm going out to lunch with him today. Should I ask him then or... or would that scare him?" Shit.

Katherine hooked her arm with mine as we turned the corner. "If it scares him, honey, you might want to drop him. He was the one chasing you in the first place, anyway."

I think my heart just dropped into my stomach. "Okay."

"And so are you and your mystery man still doing stuff? He's obviously still vying for your attention."

"Eh," I said. "We just talk now. I mean, he did kiss me again that last time, but... I don't know. I'll make sure to tell him that we can't anymore."

"As long as everything goes well with Kyle," she added.

We passed by McAllister's classroom and I dropped the message off. Just as I did, I lifted my head up and saw Kyle and Illiana heading towards us. Kyle's eyes lingered on where my hand had hid the message and I hoped to God he hadn't actually seen it.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Katherine waved to the two of them.

Kyle came up to me with one of those smile-smirk hybrids. "Hey beautiful," he said and pressed a kiss on my nose. In front of everyone in the hallway. I think I heard half of the female population go "aw".