Chapter 3: Friend or Foe

i turnd aroundd and see its my old friend Conrad

"Conrad put down your weapon we dont want to hurt you"

Conrad put down his weapon and said "why are you steeling all are weapons we need them"

"there mostly ares we found them then your group leader found us and took us here and killed two of are group members so we killed two of his and we might have to make it three. you can come with us or die here you pick..."

Conrad responds 'hmmmm i belong with my leader he saved me and im his best man... but i know and trust you more so im comeing with you guys"

I say to Conrad "good now Conrad get some bags and fill them with weapons and ammo"

Conrad fills some bags with weapons and then we see if the it is clear to go to the gate

I say " wait you see those people we can't go yet"

Conrad tells me "that's the leader of this place, we shouldn't go tell he's gone"

I node my head to say okay

We wait and wait but he is still out there I think and think how to leave but there is no way he will move so I go look in the back and see a door

"Okay everyone I found a back door let's go and see where it takes up" I say to my group

I pull out my crossbow about to open and check what's behind the door and as I reach for the handle, Jessica said "wait Dustin get over here quickly"

I run there quick and quiet  and responded to her " what's wrong, what's happening"

As she told me to look out the window I heard a man talking to there leader and the man was saying "Nick we went and checked up on the prisoners and they were God with two of there people dead and two of are's, what should we do?"

Nick replied " lock down the gates check every building start with the armoury then houses!"

I whisper to my group in a panic "everyone out the back door, go go go"

As the group rushes away I started to put anything I could in front or the door as everyone got out I was about to leave but then I heard someone saying "break down the door" so I closed the back door and hid in the gun store, two men break open the door and started looking around, they didn't find anyone and as the men were about to leave one of them looked again and said "there are guns missing"

I pulled out my crossbow aimed at one of the guys and was about to shoot until Nick came in and said "are they in here"

One of the men responded "no but there are guns missing they are armed"

Nick and the two men leave and shut the door and I get out of my hiding spot, I see a sniper on a table pull out a suppressor put it on the sniper and go to the back door and as I open the door Jessica and Josh are pointing guns at me and I said "put you're guns down we got to leave now!"

Jessica and Josh said " okay but how are we going to get out"

I respond " Conrad get over here, how do we get out"

Conrad walked over and said "there's a secret way out in Nicks house I know how to get there but it's not going to be easy"
I respond "nothing's easy anymore you lead"

Conrad said in a worried voice " but what if they see me?"

Nikolai respond "who cares they think your on there side"

"He's right no one would think you are on are side, they think your still with them" Rodney stated

I said "okay here's the plan, Conrad you go up look around and when it's clear we will all head to the next house. Any questions?"

Jessica bursts out in tears and says "Is no one going to think about who just died right in front of us, my best friend just died right in front of me how are we going to tell her brother Sam. Dustin there are cousins you know how hard it is going to be to lose another family member again! When we get back to are base I won't be able to tell anyone about her death you will! And Jackson, he was a friend of your when you were little, he was the last of his family!"

I respond "Jessica calm down! I know you lost Jordan not that long ago and now Lindsey but you go to know we will lose a lot more, we can't change anything, as long as I'm alive I will make sure nothing hurts you, you are the heart and sole of are family and are group! Now we have to get out of here are you ready?"

Jessica responds with tears in her eyes "yes I'm ready now let's go before we get caught"

"Yes I agree but Mack how are you holding up?"

Mack says "yeah I'm good" in a quiet voice

As everyone is good to leave Conrad goes and scouts the area and gives the all clear sign we all rush to the next building and Conrad starts saying "the building right across from us is Nicks house we can get there with out being seen if we go now but wait I need to talk to you guys"

I say in a questionable voice "what?"

Conrad responds " I have a family here and I can't leave them so I'm staying until me and my family have a chance to get out I will show you guys the way out but then one of you will have to knock me out so it looks like I was never with you guys"

I say" okay but we have to move now so we don't get caught the anyone everyone across now but Tyler I'm giving you an important mission to watch all are backs"

Tyler responds " okay I can do that now let's get out of here now"

We all run across the street to Nicks house as I enter the house first I stand at the door and waiting till everyone gets in and as Tyler is the last one and about to enter a blood splat hits my face and as I open my eyes I see Tyler dead on the ground and a bullethole through his head and I stand there in shock. Mack pulls me away from the door and slams it shut and yells "barricade the damn door now!"