More Late Night Antics

Hey,

Back again. It's been longer than when i usually update. probably due to the whole new year thing... anyway, here is the next chapter with a bit of a twist ;) Enjoy and Vote&Comment&Fan

Ruby <3

*****************

I woke up with a thumping headache. I rubbed a sore spot on my forehead where a continuous thumping was taking place. I looked around to see Alice lying on top of me and a blanket wrapped around us both. We were on a couch and I recognised it as the lower floor from ours. I noticed that we were both fully clothed so we couldn't have gotten up to much.

I looked around and saw that Mitchell and Jasmine were on another lounge. Mitchell had his back to me and the blanket was positioned so that I could see the top half of his back which was bare. I didn't want to see whether or not Jasmine was clothed so I looked back to Alice. She was sleeping peacefully so I decided not to wake her.

After I had shifted Alice off of me and onto the lounge, I stood up and stretched. From the looks of it, I was the only one up. I walked into the bathroom and found Lauren asleep in the bath tub with an empty bottle of vodka within her grasp. I shook my head and made my way out again. Tony and Sarah were asleep in the lounge room on a blanket on the floor so I checked them off the list of people.

I opened up the first of two rooms and found Niki asleep in bed with a guy I didn't know. Flashes from last night came back to me through my thumping headache and I remember them being together. She must have met him at the beach or in town at some point.

I left them there and shut the door silently. I went over to the second room and realised I only had three people to find. I scratched that out and made it two as I remembered Todd had gone back upstairs to finish some work for uni. He had never come back to the party. That left only Lucy and Marcus.

As I opened the second bedroom door I felt the air whoosh out of lungs at the sight I saw. Marcus and Lucy were in bed. Together. I tried to shake it off as something innocent. They probably just decided to make the most out of the bed. All those innocent possibilities were wiped from my mind when Marcus shifted over and revealed his bare chest. No. He must have slept in his boxers. That is not suspicious at all. I was in complete denial. I walked closer to see if I could make anything of what I saw. Lucy suddenly snuggled up to Marcus's side, her arm slung over his chest. The blanket slipped down revealing her bare back and confirming my worse thoughts. They had slept together. Shit.

I backed out of the bedroom quickly and tried to focus on how drunk they were last night. Am I really asking myself that? They were both smashed out of their minds. They mustn't have been thinking straight. An accident. That's all it was. An accident that had me tossed in the middle for witnessing it.

I closed the door and made my way out into the lounge room where Alice, Mitchell, Tony and Sarah were and awake. I didn't know how to react to what I had just seen so I kept a straight face. I rubbed my head where my headache was vibrating much to my disliking.

"Hey mate" Mitchell said and shook my hand. He was only in boxers and I could see his ripped muscles from so much sport.

"Hey" I said with a pained voice.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Fine, I guess. Tell you what, my head feels like it's been hit by a semi-trailer" I exclaimed and excused myself to get a Panadol.

As I walked down the hall, I saw Marcus walking in my direction in his clothes with a pale expression. He looked as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Shit" I heard him mutter to himself over and over again.