Jealousy Leads To Black

Hey,

Just quickly, I am wondering why no one seems to comment. At all. Is it really that bad a story? Because, if it is, I will stop writing it. I'm really quite curious as to why no one gives feed back. I have nearly 1,400 reads and 9 comments. 9!!!!!!!! Anyway, for those who like the storry, here is the next chapter. I am going down south to cold, windy, unpredictable Melbourne tomorrow and I can't upload from there so this is last post for a bit over a week. Well, I guess I'll talk again then. Love all my readers.

Ruby

P.s. Picture of Oliver on the side ;) just figured he would suit him :D give any suggestions if you think someone else should play him. i though maybe an Aussie should play considering it is set in Australia. Anyway, on to the story =)

********************************

"What are you doing in there? Having a bubble bath? Let's go!" I heard Mitchell call through the door. I was stumbling around quietly, trying not to wake Alice up.

"I'm coming" I called as quietly as I could. I saw Alice begin to stir and cussed under my breath.

"Where are you going?" she asked and looked at me with squinted eyes.

"I'm just going for a run remember? I'll be back soon" I said and smiled at her. I went over and stroked her cheek and gave her a kiss.

"Ok, just be quiet when you come back. I'm really tired" she said and rolled over.

"Ok beautiful" I said and headed to the door with my things.

We ran along the beach, up to the road and into the main shopping area. It was a crisp morning and I could feel the heat creeping in.

"Let's grab a coffee, yeah?" Mitchell asked. He was dripping sweat but barely out of breath. He gave me his big toothy grin and walked into the cafe. Most of the female population were staring due to the fact that we were both topless. We both had our shirts tucked into our shorts at the side. I could see a flare of jealousy in the green eyes of a guy whose girlfriend was checking me out.

We walked up to the counter and got a coffee to go.

"Should we get the others one?"

"We don't know what they want" Mitchell pointed out.

"True" I said and decided against it. I ended up paying and Mitchell said he would pay me back at the apartment.

The walk back was quick as we had done a massive loop on our run by accident. We got to the apartment and went to our floors. I noticed the door was open and I rushed in worried.

"Alice?"

"Out here" she trilled. I walked to the balcony and saw Todd and Lucy sitting with Alice on the chairs.

"Hey!" I said and walked over to them. Lucy put her hand up to stop my oncoming hug.

"No way, lover boy; you're all sweaty" she said and shook my hand instead. I chuckled at her and attempted to wipe the sweat off my forehead.

"How are you going Todd?"

"Not bad, tired. I'll probably need a rest soon. That drive was a killer" he said shaking my hand. He had dark circles under his eyes and I had a feeling they didn't share the driving.

"Right" I said and looked to Alice who was looking tired.

"How are you beautiful? Headache?" I asked and sat down next to her. She nodded and put her hand to her head.

"I'm ok. I had a Panadol so I'll live"

"You shouldn't have even been drinking. You're only seventeen"