Chapter 2: Unexpected Rendezvous

Tine's P.O.V

In this dark and cold night, I found myself wide awake. I've tried anything to get to sleep but I just can't. Moreover, I still have this strange feeling inside me.

I sighed and walk towards the balcony. It was cold yet I felt warm inside. The breeze felt nice as I open my arms widely and breathe in the fresh air.

Looking at the stars far and wide, I felt a tear stream down on my face. The stars shine so bright in the midst of darkness. I wonder to myself, when will I get to meet someone who will light up my dark world? Will there be someone who will shine bright to guide and help me when I'm lost in the darkness?

Lost in my thoughts, I forgot that it's getting really pretty late. I looked at my phone just to saw that it's already 3 am. To think I've spent hours in the balcony in daze and gazing at the starry sky. Time went so fast.

I laid on my bed and closed my eyes for a second. The moment I opened my eyes, rays of sunlight have welcomed me. Looking at my alarm clock, it was already 6:07 am.

"Shiaaa! I only slept for 3 hours. I wanna go back to sleep but I have cheerleading practice later at 8 am. What if I overslept? Arghh!" I said.

I really don't want to miss the practice or get late since I didn't show up last time when we had to do our traditional gathering for freshmen.

That was the day of my date which didn't end well. I can't believe what I've been doing in this past few weeks.

I sighed and decided to sleep after practice instead. I took a shower and prepare for the day.

~

I arrived earlier than usual but I still get a lecture from my senior due to my absence last time. Thankfully, I didn't get much of an earful lecture and especially a punishment.

I still feel tired and sleepy. I just hope I can rest wholeheartedly later after practice. Strangely, the strange feeling inside me was gone. I guess all it took to brush it off was sleep. Arghh I wanna marry my bed.

The practice went well and I felt my body giving up on me already. I just wanna head back already and have a good long rest.

However, before I even pack up my things and head back, we were called to gather around due to some sudden announcement.

"Listen closely! There's been some changes to the schedule of the matches. It was said that the soccer match between political science and law that will be held 3 days from now would be held today in the afternoon." P'Mae announced.

All of us were shock due to the announcement. How can I keep this up? I need rest already.

"But phi, our costumes aren't finished yet." Yui mentioned.

"I already contacted some seniors to lend us costumes for the upcoming match this afternoon. We need to return the costumes tomorrow as well so take care of it and wash it before returning it. Then be back here at 1pm, the match will start at 2pm. Dismiss!" P'Mae stated and then dismissed us.

I gulped the lump in my throat then slapped both my cheeks. I can get through this!

~

We're already at the field wearing our costumes with makeup on. All of the preparations needed for this match were handled smoothly. Our performance went well as well. Any minute now, the match will start between the department of law and political science.

The players already went to the field. Law department wears blue jerseys while the latter wears white. All of the players looked intimidating, I can't really see myself playing soccer.