19 | family

A Year And Half Later

"Vice President Ushijima, the revision is done. The R&D sent it to your email."

"I'll take note of that, Secretary Sakurai. I need to finish reviewing the proposals first," you spoke as you exited the elevator, now in the ground floor.

"Good afternoon, Vice President," you heard the usual greetings, to which you nodded your head to.

"I'll see you tomorrow afternoon, Secretary Sakurai. I won't be around in the morning."

"A-again?" she muttered.

"Why?" you raised a brow and paused.

"N-nothing, Vice President," your secretary stuttered and shook her head.

"Well, good bye," you bid her farewell and got on your car.

"Good bye, Vice President Ushijima."

"Good afternoon," you greeted Itsuki-san, the driver, "Schweiden Adlers, as usual," you removed your sunglasses and smiled.

"Visiting Wakatoshi-san again, Y/N-san?" Itsuki-san asked and started driving.

"Yes, of course. It's a routine," you smiled again.

"That's nice, Y/N-san, you still act like newly weds," he chuckled, "It's been how many years again?"

"7 years, Itsuki-san."

"Oh, it's been that long. Are you planning to have kids?"

"Actually, about that," you spoke in a bashful voice, with your hand crawling inside your bag, securing a small item inside.

Minutes later, you arrived at the gym where the Schweiden Adlers usually train. "Itsuki-san, you can go now. Thanks for the ride."

"Always welcome, Y/N-san."

You watched the car disappear into the distance before heading to the entrance. "Oh, Ushijima-san," you heard a familiar voice. It was Hoshiumi.

"Oh hello," you swayed your head and greeted.

"Looking for Ushiwaka?"

"Yes," you answered.

"He's out jogging, I dunno when he'll come back though. You can wait inside if you want," he informed you.

"Oh, I'll just wait for him here then."

You sat on a bench near a tree and waited for your husband to arrive. You looked up at the yellow orange hue of the skies at dawn. The hushed sounds of the swaying of leaves was oddly relaxing and you hummed your favorite tune, So This Is Love.

Not long after, Wakatoshi finally arrived near the gates. It wasn't surprising for him to see you there, but he admired the way your face and hair glimmered on the golden hour. It was like you were beautifully glowing.

"Y/N-chan," he called your name.

"Toshi-kun!" you said it back and stood up from your seat.

"Can you give me a few minutes? I'll just go get changed," he asked and approached you.

"Sure, take your time, Toshi-kun," you answered, your eyes crinkling from your smile.

After getting changed, Wakatoshi headed straight towards where you were a while ago, eager to finally go home.

"I'll drive," he volunteered as you walked to the parking lot.

"Okay," you nodded while he unlocked the door for you.

"We don't need to order today, by the way, I want to cook," you added as he sat on the driver's seat.

"Are you sure? Are you not tired?" he asked and started the car.

"I'm sure. I'll be cooking your favorite dish, Toshi-kun."

T

he ride on your way home was pleasing and peaceful, as usual. Unlike before, you now made it a point to often go to work together and at the end of the day, go home. The fact that you no longer had problems splitting your time with him and work made you at ease.

Minutes later, as you got home, you knew it was time for your plan. Before taking another step inside, you took a deep breath.

As Wakatoshi headed to your room to get something, you placed your phone near the kitchen cupboards and started recording.

Afterwards, you headed to the storage room and turned on the lights. You grabbed a stool to stand on, though you still had to tiptoe either way. You reached for a medium-sized brown colored box and stepped down.

"Y/N-chan, did you eat the ice cre-" you heard your husband. He sounds like he was in the kitchen.

"Toshi-kun!" you interrupted him.

"Yes?" he asked while you walked to the fridge.

"I have a gift for you," you added as you held the box in your hands.

"What's that?" he raised a brow.

You carefully placed it on the dining table and looked at him with a smile, "Open it," you instructed with a smile.

Without saying a word, Wakatoshi curiously removed the cover of the box. You peeked on the contents as well and looked back at him to see his reaction.

"My Shiratorizawa jersey," he commented, "But miniature?"

He lifted the small jersey and looked inside the box again. "What else?" you asked.

"Small shoes."

"Uhuh," you nodded and hummed.

"Why do I need small shoes?" he raised a brow, reminding himself it's a gift for him.

"Oh my god, Toshi-kun," you muttered.

"And what else is in there?" you asked.

"There's more?" he looked inside again, only to see three small pregnancy tests lying on a corner.

He raised it up from the box and looked at each and every test.

"Y/N-chan, you're-" he paused and looked at you.

"I am what?" you asked and chuckled.

"You're pregnant?" he confirmed as his eyes widened. Even as his wife, Wakatoshi's surprised expression was rare for you to see.

"Uhuh," you nodded enthusiastically.

"So," he continued, "So I'm going to be a dad?"

"Yes," you nodded again, now with a bright smile on your face, "Yes," you repeated.

"Oh," he mouthed and placed the tests back on the box.

He took a step closer to you and wrapped you in his arms, "We're going to be parents," he mumbled, probably still in disbelief.

"Do you know if we're going to have a girl or a boy? Did you go to the doctor already, Y/N-chan?" he broke the embrace and asked.

"I don't know yet. So let's go to the doctor soon," you answered.

"Let's go to the doctor tomorrow."

"Well someone's quite excited," you teased and let out a soft chuckle, "Okay, let's go tomorrow."