12 | morning

You felt your tears run down your cheeks as your chin trembled. Still not fully processing what Wakatoshi did, you stared at the closed door, reflecting on what just happened.

Wakatoshi has always been kind and gentle with you despite his stoic and stern nature. This was the first time he has ever walked out on you and left.

Being a prideful person yourself, you had no plans to run after him. You knew you didn't have control over your time and he ought to know that, right?

You scrammed. You stuffed your phone, keys and wallet back to your bag and headed out. If Wakatoshi was expecting you to be eagerly waiting for his return, he was wrong. You left the house and pulled out your phone.

"Kanna?" you spoke.

"Oh you called, President Takeuchi!" she cheerfully answered, "Kenji-kun, say hi, it's President Takeuchi!" she exclaimed.

"You're with Shirabu-san?" you asked.

"Yep, yep!"

"Can I stay for the night?" you directly asked her and sighed.

"A sleep over? We haven't had one for years!" she spoke, referring to that one time she stayed in your place.

"Of course you can!" she added, "Kenji-kun, you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight!" she told him, ironically still in a cheery tone.

"You're living together?!"

"Yup, yup!"

"Then forget it, I'll be a bother," you cancelled.

"No, it's really okay. I want to have a sleep over, President Takeuchi," she protested.

"Is she still in high school?" you thought.

"Then, I'll be on my way. Thank you."

Half an hour has passed and you finally arrived at Kanna's huge apartment. It was definitely spacious enough for 5 people.

"President Takeuchi, hello!" she greeted the moment she opened the door.

"Good evening."

"Kenji-kun, President Takeuchi is here!"

She let you in and you removed your shoes. You looked at her place, it was so tidy and organized.

"Good evening," Kenjiro, who was lying on the couch, greeted you.

"So, what happened?" Kanna asked as you placed your bag on the table.

"Huh?"

"Why did you leave?" she clarified, "What happened with Ushijima-san?"

"Oh, Ushijima-san?" Shirabu overheard and looked at you.

"Just a small quarrel," you answered.

"How bad was that small quarrel for you to leave home?" she asked and led you to the couches.

"It's nothing, really," you answered.

"Kanna-chan, if she doesn't want to talk about it, just let it be," Kenjiro scolded.

"I just want to help my Y/N-chan!" she squealed.

"Just don't tell him I'm here," you requested, "I need some head space."

"Also, can I just sleep in the couch?" you added, "I don't want to be a bother."

"Eh, Kenji-kun will sleep on the couch. Plus the other rooms are just storage rooms."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup yup," she nodded enthusiastically.

"He also sleeps on the couch when I'm mad anyway," she added.

"Hey, she didn't need to know that," he protested and clicked his tongue.

"Anyway, President Takeuchi, did you eat already? We can order food," she offered.

Your stomach was empty but after everything that happened, you didn't have the appetite.

"I already ate," you refused, "Thank you though."

You rested on the futon not long after and you shut down your phone, not wanting to hear anything from Wakatoshi. You also didn't set an alarm clock, you were too drained to care.

The morning after, you wake up with an empty stomach and also a drained body. You didn't regain your energy even after sleep and you looked up at the window, feeling empty as ever.

It was the first time in years that you woke up all alone. You were too used to having your husband right next to you the moment you open your eyes every morning. It felt so different and cold. Perhaps this was how Wakatoshi felt.

infinity | ushijima wakatoshi x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara