The question confuses Naruto, but he decides that nothing bad will happen if he tells the voice.

Naruto: I'm here to find my companion.

???: Oh, so that is the reason. Are you sure you will treat your companion good? Are you strong enough to protect them?

Naruto is getting more and more suspicious of the voice, she plans something, he sure.

Naruto: I will take care of my companion, I will do the best I can.

A breath of wind turns out the fire, it takes a few moments for Naruto's eyes to get used to the dark.

???: Oh really then try to protect these little ones.

Naruto hears the chirping of birds and sees a nest with young birds in the tree. His eyes widen when he sees a hand with claws as fingers, which consists of darkness approaching the nest. Naruto jumps in the air and cuts the hand. The hand dissolves, another hand approaches the nest, but Naruto also cuts it. Another hand races towards Naruto and grabs his neck. He struggles to breathe, but he manages to get the hand off his neck and cuts it.

???: Why are you protecting these little creatures, they are not even your companion.

Naruto: I don't care, you play with lives of others! As long as I'm here I'll protect everyone from you! I will take care of every animal that is hurt because of you! I don't care if you are a powerful being or something like that, you will not defeat me!

To Naruto's surprise, there is a clapping coming from the forest. The fire starts again and a figure rises from the floor.

 The fire starts again and a figure rises from the floor

???: You passed. I am Azrad, the guardian of this forest and the person who tests your family to prove if you are worthy of a companion.

Naruto: Wait, so this was a test?

Azrad: Yes. You passed it with flying colors.

Naruto: So you know Akio-nii?

Azrad: Yes, Akio and his falcon, Sapphire. If you allow me, I have to touch your head to find out what animal or monster you get.

Naruto grabs his sword and nods.

Naruto: Alright do it.

Azrad floats closer to Naruto and touches his head. He closes his eyes and starts muttering to himself. He removes his hand, opens his eyes and puts his hand on his chin.

Azrad: That is rare. I know exactly what you get. Oh and Naruto.

Naruto: Yes?

Azrad puts a hand on his shoulder and looks at him with pity.

Azrad: I'm sorry you shouldn't have experienced this pain.

Naruto looks sadly on the floor until he shakes his head to get other thoughts. Suddenly two black balls fly towards them. Azrad smiles and claps his hands together.

Azrad: Ah they are there.

Azrad taps the balls and they open slowly. From one ball comes a female wolf with dark fur and a white underside. In the other ball is an elongated dragon.

 In the other ball is an elongated dragon

The wolf and the dragon jump on Naruto and throw him on the ground

The wolf and the dragon jump on Naruto and throw him on the ground. He laughs when they both lick his face. Azrad smiles and clears his throat. Naruto looks at him and smiles.

Azrad: These are your new companions and you seem to get along well. The wolf is a water wolf and the dragon is a dalamadur. It is rare that someone gets two companions. But before you go, please tell me the names of the two.

Naruto thinks for a while until he pats the wolf.

Naruto: I will call you Flow.

Naruto looks at the dragon.

Naruto: And I call you Raynir.

The two companions seem to like the names and start cuddling with him. Naruto laughs and hugs the two before heading back to Akio. He says goodbye to Azrad and makes his way back.

To be continued.