Chapter 1

*Kayla's POV*
Kian Lawley is my best friend. I know, I know. The famous Kian Lawley is my best friend. We have know each other since I could remember. We grew up as neighbors, we went to the same school, and we were inseparable. But, I always thought of us as more than friends, but I'm pretty sure Kian doesn't. I mean, I have never heard of a friendship like ours that couldn't lead up to one liking another. And, I have always had feelings for him. He's a great person and he's really good looking. I mean, you have to admit he's pretty cute.

As I am watching a tv show on my couch, my phone lights up and vibrates. I look at it and it says, " iMessage from Kian💖 " I swipe on the screen and look at the text. It says, "Hey, want to see a movie? I really bored😂" I quickly reply "omg yes, I literally have nothing going on today" I click send and wait for his reply. What takes boys so long to type some simple words? My phone buzzes and it reads, "Ouija 10:30?" Oh hell no, not that movie. Whenever I see previews for that I cover my eyes, because I absolutely hate scary movies. "Oh hell no Kian you know me" He quickly replies back, "Come onnnnn, I may never see you again and you'll regret not going😏. Anyway that's the only movie available tonight so it's that or nothing." "Okay whatever, meet me at my house at 9:30" I turn my phone off and look outside. Wow, it's dark for 5:00, or at least I think it's five. I check my phone and it says 9:00. "Shit" I mumble to myself. I jump off the couch and run into my room. I quickly plug my phone in and play some music. I plug in my straightener and while its heating up, I go to my closet and pick something out. I get light skinny jeans and grab a maroon v-neck. It's not too fancy, but it's not to casual. I grab my converse and set everything out on my bed. I run into the bathroom where my phone and straightener are and I check the time 9:08. Okay, I have some time. I take my hair out of my messy bun, brush it and start straightening my hair. It doesn't take long, because my hair is naturally, almost straight. I finish and check the time again. 9:20. I quickly do my makeup and I get changed. I look in the mirror and i think I look decent enough. I grab my phone and run downstairs. It's 9:29. Just made it. I hear a honk outside and run out the door. "BYE MOM IM SEEING A MOVIE WITH KIAN!" I slam the door and I run out to his black ford. I got in the passenger seat and sat down, panting. "hey" Kian says kind of like he is sad.
"Hey grumpy pants what's wrong" "Nothing" he replies.
"Oh come on dude you can tell me!"
I lightly punch him on the shoulder and he doesn't move a muscle. We arrive at the theater and Kian parks. We walk up to the place to get tickets and Kian walks up to the man on the other side of the glass "Two tickets for Oujia at 10:00 please" His voice is now warm and inviting. We walk into the large theater and we get some popcorn and candy. As we're looking at the candy I start to think. Why the hell is Kian all sad and stuff.
"hey Kian"
"yeah?"
"what's wrong?"
He ignores me and walks up to the counter. "Two packs of sour patch kids please" Kian gets the candy and our popcorn and we head into the theater. We walk in and it is packed. I look at my phone and it says it's 9:57.
"Well, I guess it's just you and me!" I say sarcastically. We head all the way to the back like we always do. We sit down and the movie starts playing. And I can already tell, I am not going to sleep tonight. At so many parts I jump and leaning into Kian, and every time he chuckles very lightly and stays there. Hey, at least I'm making him in a better mood in some way. I feel his arm go around me and I lean into his side. At one really scary part, the whole theater is quiet. He silently whispers in my ear,
"There's something I need to tell you"
"yeah?"
"I'm leaving"