THE EPILOGUE

ARIEL'S POV

"Where were you? And dont you dare lie to me!"

I gulped.

All the villagers were looking at me with accusing eyes.

But that didn't matter to me. What matters was that grandma looked beyond angry. She had never been angry with me. She was a calm person. But today she was fuming in anger.

Do they know I had gone to the beast?
What should I say?

"I-I was in the library." I lied.

"We know you were in the forest. How can you lie to me Ariel?" Grandma said.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

"THIS GIRL MUST BE VISITING THE BEAST."

"SHE MUST BE HIS SPY."

"IS SHE ALSO SOME DARK CREATURE?"

"I HAVE SEEN HER GOING TO THE FOREST AT NIGHT."

"IS SHE HIS WHORE?"

The last accusation made me fall on my knees and cry.

"W-what are you saying? I am not like t- that. I only m-meet him. He is nice. He is not
b-bad." I started defending.

"Ariel I know you are a good girl. But please tell me why you meet him?" Grandma asked.

I told grandma how I met him and he ordered me to meet him daily or he will hurt me.

Everyone looked at each other with a shock.

"So are you the girl who will break his curse?" A villager asked.

"Y-yes." I said.

"No No No. This cant be happening. Ariel my dear the beast is very dangerous. He kills people. He will hurt you. I will not let you meet him." Grandma said.

I looked at her with shock.

I want to meet him.

I love him.

"If he meets the girl then he will become more powerful. And he will start coming to the village for her. And then kill us. This girl has brought bad fate to our village." A man said.

"No. He is not like that. He is very kind." I said.

"Oh dear! Has he brainwashed you? Why are you taking his side?" Grandma asked.

"Because I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME TOO!" I shouted.

Everyone gasped.

Everyone looked at me with wide eyes.

"W-what a-are you s-saying?" Grandma asked me stuttering with fear.

"Yes grannie. I love him. He loves me too. Please don't say anything bad about him." I said.

"THE GIRL HAS GONE MAD!"

"I THINK SHE HAS TURNED INTO A CREATURE BY THE BEAST."

"SHE MUST BE A WITCH."

"WE SHOULD KILL HER AND THEN THE BEAST."

I gasped as I heard what people are saying.

I took a step back.

"No. I mean no harm to you. And Alexander also does not want to harm you." I said.

"Alexander?" Grandma asked.

"Yes grandma. His name is Alexander." I said.

"I am sorry Ariel but you are completely in his control. I am sorry. But we have to stop you from seeing him." Grandma said.

"What? No grandma! Please! I beg you! Dont separate us. I love him. Please!" I pleaded.

Suddenly two men grabbed my hands and started dragging me to the church.

"Leave me! What are you all doing? Stop!" I shouted trying to free myself.
"ALEXANDER!" I screamed hoping that he will come to my rescue. But I was wrong.

They dragged me in the church and made me sit in front of the father.

The father looked very scary. He had a scar running down from his eyes to his cheek.

He looked at me for a brief moment.

"Hmm. Her mind is in control of the Beast of the forest. He has taken over her senses. She makes him powerful. He will destroy the world for her. We need to do something to keep them away and to finish the love she has for him."
The man said.

I shook my head.

"No." I shouted.

He kept a hand on my head and started murmuring something.

He was chanting a mantra.

I felt my world spin.

My eyes started feeling heavy.

In a moment all I saw was black.

I was unconscious.

I could only remember him. Alexander. My beast.

________________________________

I groaned as I opened my eyes.

There was a very unfamiliar ceiling above me and I felt major headache.

I tried getting up but failed as every part of my body was aching.

Something was burning inside of me.

"Oh you are awake!" I recognised the voice as grandma's.

She walked into the room and sat near me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

I didn't remember anything.
I only remember my parents death and grandma talking about going somewhere. Other than that I couldnt remember anything.

"We are in New York." Grandma said.

"New york?" I asked shocked.

"Yes. You don't remember? Honey after your parents death I decided to send you to one of the biggest colleges as it was there last wish. So here we are, in New york. You must be stressed so you don't remember anything. You were sleeping the whole flight."
Grandma said.

How come I don't remember anything?

Why do I feel that something is missing from my life?

Why does my heart feel empty?

"I-I don't remember anything grannie." I said pulling my hairs.

"My baby! You have taken a lot of stress after your parents death." Grandma said patting my back.

"How much time passed for there death?" I asked.

"A month." Grandma said.

"What! How come I dont remember anything?"

"I had called our doctor earlier. He said you were going under major stress. But once you adjust in your new lifestyle then everything will be fine." Grandma said.

"New lifestyle?" I asked.

"Yes. You are starting college from next week. I am so excited!" She chirped.

I smiled at her.

I was going to college.

I was starting a new life.

But why do I think that I am forgetting something or someone?

What is it that I am missing?

I hope I adjust with my life and then this uneasiness fades away.

Little did she know that she had forgotten her love, her life, her breath. She had forgotten Alexander. She didn't remember him but he was dying without her. He had destroyed the village when he came to know about her sudden dissappearence. But he believed that fate will bring them back together. One day his little love will be back to him. And he would never let her go.