Chapter Six: The Monster IV

make sure you vote and comment :) pls sire. have pity on me.

Hopper and Joyce eyed the lady who sat with blank eyes at a television set. They walked towards the front door, Becky walking them.

"Well," Hopper said, "thank you for your time. We appreciate it."

"Hmm, yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help," Becky replied.

Joyce looked behind her, staring at the blonde woman, whose lips were moving, even though no noise came out.

"Good luck."

"Thank you."

They exited the house and got into the car. Joyce slammed the door shut then crumpled in her seat. She sighed, bringing her hands to her face and sighing.

"Hey..." Hopper said, "we're gonna find him."

"Yeah, like Terry found her daughter?"

"We're close."

Joyce's breath trembled, "Twelve years? Twelve years she's been looking for her-"

"And then she shows up at Benny's five nights ago," Hopper cuts in, "which means we've got a chance. You know what I would give? For a chance? You know what I would give?"

A familiar voice comes from the radio, "Hey, Chief, you there?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

Callahan responded, "Yeah, a fight broke out here and-"

"Cal, I don't have time for this."

"It's Jonathan Byers. You haven't seen Joyce, have you?"

-

A girl sat on the forest floor, staring up at the blue, clear sky. She almost wished it were night, so she could see the glittering stars in the distance.

"El!" She heard a voice shout from far away. Dustin's voice was quickly followed by Mike's.

"Eleven!"

She stayed still, knowing that they wouldn't be able to see her due to the distance. She stayed still.

She closed her eyes again, a nice breeze ruffling her clothes and hair. Then she heard a noise. The familiar sound of a body running quickly in the wind fills the empty forest and she feels cold air brush against her.

She opened her eyes and sat up, looking around the barren forest. She sees nobody, but her head quickly snapped towards the trees where she saw a figure loom over her. A smile broke out, "Percy!" she yelled.

He smiled at her, jumping out of his position from where he stood crouched in the tall tree. He landed gracefully on the ground, an almost silent noise emitting from his landing.

"Hey, El." He spoke softly. He flashed her a small smile, eyes shining and twinkling. She ran to him, arms extended, and fell into his arms.

She sobbed, "I'm so sorry. I- I just feel so alone."

Percy soothed her, rubbing her back in calming circles and shushing her. "It's okay. I knew that I'd find you. You just worried me so much." He felt her squeeze tighter in response and a delicate smile formed. "We're together now. It's okay."

-

"Eleven! El!"

"El!"

The two boys walked through the rough terrain of the forest, their bikes wheeling through dead leaves. Mike panted, "Hey, stop. Do you hear that?"