Chapter Three

I frowned and shook my head as he smiled at me, his long fingers tapping a beat on the counter top. 

"Hello chirpy chirp," he reached over poking my nose and I slapped it away. Didn't this man have the knowledge of hte simple phrase "Keep your hands and feet to yourself," ?

"I thought last nights hangover would keep you away tonight," I said as I reached below slipping on the work apron and emptying out the pockets, thankfully I didn't leave any money in there last night, just a hair tie. Grabbing that I tied my hair back and used the sanitizing wipes to clean my hand before I got to work.

"I don't know, there is something pulling me to this place," He replied giving me a sly wink and I shrugged and did a double take, "You're wearing a Santa costume too?" I asked.

Except his looked like he was missing half of it, "Work," he said and I grimaced, people had to wear that when they worked as well? God is Mike started making us wear it, I would knee him and then quit.

"What can I get you?" I asked turning my attention to the group of girls next to him as they waited. Thankfully the annoying man had people he could flirt with, which was a massive plus since he could finally stop talking to me.

"Um, some Vodka shots please, Smirnoff only" the girl giggled turning her attention to Nik, "Hi,"

Nik surprisingly gave her an odd look before rolling his eyes at her and mouthing something to me.

What? I thought as I tilted my head no understanding anything.

 "Get me some scotch yeah? Thanks pretty girl, I'll be back," he said and hopped off the stool instead of flirting back and taking them home for the night. Well, wasn't that what usually happened? Wait, was he gay? Is that why he rejected them?

I watched him confused before getting back to my job, lining up a row of eight shots and filled them at once with vodka.

"Oh my god girls, let's do it!" she flicked her hair away from her face and I coudln't help but watch them count to three before downing it, and which ended in a row of spluttering and coughing girls making me hide a smile.

"Can I get you another line?"

"No!"

"Eww god no, do you have orange juice?"

I pursed my lips as they paid me and walked off and Ashlee broke into laughter next to me, "Man they're weak," she said and I smiled shaking my head.

"Let's show them how it's done," Ashlee grabbed two plastic ones, since she was a germ freak and refused to drink out of the glasses we used, and filled them up with vodka. She was the type to carry her own damn plastic cups to the party. 

"You in?" she asked.

"Wait, count me in!" Mike our manager ran up to us and I laughed grabbing another glass for him. 

"Fine," I could never help a good challenge. On our own count we downed it, Mike shuddered a bit but Ashlee and I took it like it was water, it wasn't and it did have a distinctive gross taste but we were better at hiding how terrible we felt.

There was no point to exaggerate.

"That was good," She nodded going off to her own customers and I turned back, nearly yelping realising Nik was sitting there, when the hell did he come back? He tapped his fingers on the counter top, "Neat, but I thought you don't drink on the job,"

I took my time making his drink before I replied, "I lied,"

Simple as that.

"God someone change the damn song!" I yelled out as John Lennnon's Happy Xmas came on. Nik chuckled as I poured a row of shots for another group.