01

Tsukishima Kei and [Full Name]. The duo that never wanted to be a duo.

The two used to have absolutely no idea that the other person existed even if they went to the same high school. It wasn't unusual though given the circumstances they were in.

First of all, Kei was in Class 4 while [Name] was in Class 5. Also, [Name] rarely went out of her classroom so the two never really saw each other in the hallway either.

The only time they actually met each other was when Kiyoko had looked for another manager and tried to recruit Hitoka. When the blonde girl accepted the trial as a manager, [Name] tagged along as support for her friend— and boy did she need it once she saw some of the members of the team.

It took a while for the decision to be set in stone, but once Hitoka decided to show how townsperson B could also be of use, [Name] also submitted an application for the manager position in the club— she didn't join a club before because she didn't want to leave Hitoka alone.

Even then, the two never really talked too much. They both believed they were far too different to even get along.

Kei found [Name] far too much like Shouyou. Despite being intelligent—assuming she was since she also took college preparatory classes, she acted too much like the loud simpleton. She would jump and yell those expressions with the orange-haired middle blocker. Looking from afar, they looked like they were speaking a whole language only they knew— and maybe they were.

In all honesty, it actually impressed Kei how much of a clueless idiot she can be most of the time. He preferred not to be around someone like that though. It would be far too draining to even be beside her. All her liveliness would just suck the energy from him.

[Name], on the other hand, found Kei far too hard to be around with. Just seeing him scowl and annoy Shouyou was already enough to put him in her no-no list. She didn't want to associate herself with someone who seemed to enjoy eating salt too much to the point that it's the only thing coming out from his mouth. She really saw him as someone who truly represented the saying 'you are what you eat'.

In short, despite going through the two training camps with the Fukurodani Academy Group, the two have not interacted at all. At most, their interaction was [Name] handing Kei a water bottle or a towel during practice matches or training. [Name] may have sent some smiles towards him while doing so, but that was only for formalities.

One thing [Name] liked about him though was that Kei really didn't bother Hitoka with his attitude. He never really tried to rile the blonde girl up so he still had a pass from [Name]'s perspective. The moment he ever decides to try to irritate Hitoka though or even tease her, [Name] is more than ready to throw some hands up.

But until that happens, both Kei and [Name] are under an unspoken truce where they agree not to bother each other.

Sadly, the two would have to break that because it just so happens that the two people they're closest to are also getting closer.