Another Birthday?!

Start from the beginning

"Mum, Dad, I know it's rude to ask, but where is my gift?" I asked.

"Gift? What gift?" My dad asked, not looking up from his book.

"You know, it's my birthday."

Mum looked up and turned to the calendar next to her desk. "Hmph. Guess we forgot."

"Forgot? How can you forget my birthday?" I asked having tears on my face. "You never forget Draco's."

"Lynx! You weren't supposed to happen and-!" Dad yelled, but stopped himself halfway.

"Lucius!" Mum snapped.

I was now bawling with tears. I maybe small, but know what those words meant.

~*~

"Earth to Lynx Malfoy!" The twins called.

I shook my head and realized that I had tears in my eyes. "What? Sorry." I quickly whipped them off and tried to smile.

"What happened?" George asked. "You just kind of drifted off."

"I'll... tell you later. Let's go downstairs!" I said going down, trying to smile.

When Molly saw me coming down the stairs, she waited and hugged me and asked, "Why didn't you tell us? And after the twins! Are you of age, now?"

"Uhm... yeah I am!" I yelled. "Wow. Now I don't have to worry at all!"

"Then we have to get you a golden watch!"

"No, you don't have to do that. Really."

"But it's tradition. I have to. But I won't give it to you today... maybe... next week or something. Now open your gifts after lunch."

"Lunch?" I asked.

"Mmm-Hmm. You spent most of your day sleeping."

"Wow." I said. I saw Fred and George coming down the stairs. All three of us sat on the kitchen table and waited to be fed. I mouthed to George, "I'll explain later." He nodded and smiled. Charlie fed us a salad melody, but it unusually had chicken. 

"So, Lynx, how did you forget your birthday?" Charlie asked.

"Uhm, well," I paused, mixing the salad dressing. "Because of the war and everything, it just slipped my mind."

"But it's your birthday," Charlie tried. "I make sure no one forgets mine. Lynx, December twelfth, remember that, okay?" He winked at me playfully.

"I promise I won't forget that."

After lunch, I went to the living room where my packages were. There were quite more than I expected there to be. In my time in WADA, I did celebrate my birthday but only with my closest friends and theater trope. I went to my first letter and package that came with it. It was from one of my roommates, Janice Kelly.

Dear Lynx,

Happy birthday to you! Open your gift right know. And then read the rest of the letter.

I saw the boys sit next to me and observed the package. It was pretty large and sort of heavy. I opened the package and then started to laugh so loud and hard. It was a toilet seat from the prefect's restroom. The twins were also laughing but in confusion.

I read the last part of the letter.

So... yeah... We stole the prefect's toilet seat. You know how we said that you were the master mind of all pranks? Well, I think we topped you right now! Happy 17th birthday, Lynx! Now you are of age and you don't have to give a damn about doing spells outside of school. We miss you! Hope you're safe.