Chapter 28 - Where He Belongs

Chapter 28

Where He Belongs

Mark POV:

As we near closer to where Dark is, Jim becomes more anxious. His hands are visibly shaking, and he keeps whispering inaudible things to himself. He freezes in front of a door suddenly, causing us all to bump into each other.

"He-he's in there, Mark. Something is wrong with him...," Jim mutters. 

I nod, stepping past him and placing my hand on the doorknob for a moment, trying to control my anger. How could he do this to her? To all of us? The others urge me on quietly, and I find the strength to rip open the door. We all file into the room quickly, shutting the door behind us.

The room is fairly small and dim. The walls are all a deep shade of grey, and the floor is made of brick. To our left is a huge desk. Above it, many monitors hang against the wall, all of the screens black except for one. Punk nudges my arm, and I turn my attention to him before following his pointing finger to the back right of the room. Realizing what he's pointing at, I don't hesitate to get closer.

I step towards the iron cage, the others following my lead. Bleiz settles down at my side, his ears go limp and a quite whining noise rises from his throat. Wilford moves towards the door and is handed some tools by Host. We watch in silence as he begins to pick the lock.

Dark sits in the cage motionless, propped up against the wall, his white suit painted red in large patches. I take a moment to observe his health: black eye, messy hair, his hands stained red in some places, simply looking a mess. As Will finishes picking the lock and opens the door which utters a shrill squeak, Dark comes to, and anger overtakes me.

Dark climbs up off of the floor slowly, groaning in pain as he does so, and I don't hesitate to use his weakened state to my advantage. Shaking off Punk's hand which tried to grab me as I pass by, I march into the cage and grab Dark by the front of his suit, slamming him against the wall, hard.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER? WHERE IS SHE?" I shout. 

Dark's eyes widen, and he looks to be in some sort of a hazy state. Bleiz growls, rising to his feet and taking a few steps closer to me. After a moment when I receive no answer from Dark, I slam him against the wall again, repeating my question angrily, earning a growl from the wolf as he bares his teeth.

Dark seems to gain an idea of what's happening to him, and in a moment, he's grabbing me by the front of my shirt. 

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME. WHERE IS (Y/N)?" He snaps. 

My eyes widen at his response, but my heart is beating too fast with anger. Using all my strength, I throw him down to the floor in a quick motion, causing him to lose his grip on my shirt.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE, DARK? STOP PLAYING YOUR STUPID FUCKING GAMES WITH US!" I hiss. 

Before I can lunge at him again, Sexy grabs me by the back of my shirt, tugging me backward. Wilford steps between Dark and I, looking back and forth between the two of us and holding out his hands to keep us at bay. Dark groans quietly, getting back up off of the ground, rubbing his forehead for a moment before turning back to us.

"Where is she?" He pants, his chest visibly rising and falling with heavy breaths. 

My anger vanishes at his words. Sexy releases me from his grip, and suddenly it clicks. 

What did Anti do?

"Dark, we need you to tell us where (Y/N) is, if you can. If not, tell us what you can remember. What happened?" Wilford orders in a gentle tone. Dark let out a breath, his eyes falling to the floor for a few moments before looking back up at me.

"Anti can use spells. I assume it's one of his powers. I didn't learn that until a few days ago. I think what happened is that-"

"Yes, we know," I interrupted, "Dr. Iplier, Jim, Sexy, and Google were under a spell. We got rid of it, they're all fine now, but what about you?"

"The night that (Y/N) and I went out together we stayed in a motel room. I heard a noise and woke up and before I could do anything, Anti possessed me. I guess that's another one of his powers. His soul took over my body forcefully meaning that I can't get back to the front to be in control anymore. He chooses when we switch to front. He let me through a few times just for his sick fun. Down in the basement... I said I loved her. He let me front for just those three words then pushed me back again...," Dark explained. 

I nodded, the others following along. He sighed heavily shaking his head, getting back on track to the question.

"I assume after he took over my body was when he activated the spell for the others. He pretended to be me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. While Google, Sexy, Dr. Iplier, and Jim were capturing the rest of you, Anti used my body to bring his own back to this castle. After that, we all had to go back to pick up (Y/N)," Dark continued.

"So basically this whole time, Anti has been in your body?" I asked. Dark nodded, sighing heavily in response.

"Well, what happened after you- I mean Anti- took her out of the basement?" I questioned.

"That's where the trail goes blank. Something happened, I don't know what. I think Anti might have put some sort of amnesia spell on me. Although I can't remember, I know that he took her energy one way or another. That's what he wanted - her energy. Most powers go to the soul, not to the body. Because he was the fronting soul at the time, he gained power. Not me. We need to find him and get rid of him quick," Dark hissed.

"What about the blood?" I asked, pointing to his suit. Dark took a moment to look it over, his eyes widening for a moment before shaking his head.

"I think it's my blood. He beat the shit out of me - knocked me out cold I guess - before going back into his own body. My assumption is that he just locked her up somewhere. She's at very low energy. We go after Anti, and I'll send Bleiz to find (Y/N) and protect her until we can come to get her."

"Dark, if she's at low energy she's dying right now," Wilford cut in.

"That's why we need to get rid of Anti first. If we don't and he finds us near her, she will be dead in a second. She's dying, but only slowly if he hasn't done any harm. That gives us enough time to go after Anti. We have to get rid of him first," Dark countered.

All of my alters sighed, agreeing reluctantly to Dark's plan. We all turn towards the lit-up monitor when a hyena-like laugh echoes through it. We gather around the monitor, watching Anti through the camera. He continues to giggle, flipping in the air in small circles before landing on the floor, an evil grin plastered across his face.

Google points to the corner of the monitor, directing our attention to the small text. "It's labeled 'ballroom'. That must be where he is right now."

Dark nods, taking a deep breath before turning around to face Bleiz and resting his hand on the wolf's head. "Go find her," He instructs his wolf quietly. Bleiz obeys his command, following Dark over to the door. Dark opens it calmly, allowing his wolf to exit the room and begin his search. He takes a deep breath, turning back to us, his eyes glowing a fiery red.

"Let's go put that bastard back where he belongs."