"Diamond what are you talking about?", he asked.

"Nothing. I'm just angry", she said.

"As much as I wanna talk to you about it I can't. Cause it's only going to lead to the continuous cycle that I'm not about to be apart of", he said.

Diamond looked down.

"We're on a work line so let's keep it work business", he said.

"Thanks for the order Doctor", she said.

"No problem Nurse Sanders", he said.

"Don't say that", she said.

"That's what you chose so -.... you know what I'm sorry", he said.

"Yea um bye", Diamond said.

"Bye", Kendrick replied.

Diamond hung up and got her patient's medication.

—————————————————

After her shift, Diamond was walking to her car until she was stopped by Kendrick.

"Hey, Diamond", he said.

"What?", she asked.

"What's up?", he asked.

"Nothing", she said.

"I mean like about what you said earlier", he said.

"Oh... that? I didn't mean it", she said. "You know I'm not bold enough to commit a crime"

"I don't know you sounded serious... I just don't want you to do something you'd regret", he said.

"I already did something I regret. So many things I regretted", she said. "I just get, life isn't perfect but I thought it would be better than this for me"

Kendrick nods.

"I talked to your dad... I guess you've been talking to him about me", she said.

"It wasn't in a bad way", he said.

"I get it.. for advice", she said. "...he gave me advice too and I think it's time to listen because it seems like it's something I've been hearing a lot lately"

Kendrick didnt say anything he just listened.

"Have a good night", she said as she walked to the car.

"...same to you", he said.

Diamond got in the car.

—————————————————-

Diamond got Ayanna after work and drove home. She finally made her mind up on how she was going to approach things with the divorce with Brian. It wasn't the best way but it was the only way to bring it to his attention that she was serious.

Diamond walked into the house with Ayanna.

"Baby, show daddy your drawing you did", Diamond said.

Ayanna walked to Brian and showed him her finger art.

"Wow. This is great Ayanna", Brian said. "You can be a famous artist"

Ayanna smiles.

"Imma hang this up", he said as he took it.

Diamond smiled a little. "Okay baby. Now go upstairs", she said.

Ayanna walked upstairs.

"What?", Brian asked. "You asked her to go upstairs which means you wanna talk about something"

"...when is the next time that you are off?", Diamond asked.

"Next Thursday", he replied.

"..well.. do you wanna go out for breakfast next Thursday?... it'll give us a good time to talk about our relationship", she said.

Brian nods. "Okay that's fine", he said.

Diamond nods.

Brian kisses her cheek. "I'm sorry about the way I've been acting lately. It's just that you know how I feel about you" he said.

Diamond looked down.

Brian walked her to the couch and sat her on his lap. Is was a gift bag sitting on the couch. "Go ahead and open it", he said.

Diamond sat there for a moment then picked the bag up and opened it. It was a jewelry box. She opened the jewelry box and it was a Diamond bracelet.

"Wow", she said. "This is pretty"

"I know it doesn't make up for what I did. The way I've been acting but... I haven't given you any gifts in a while", he said.

"...thanks", she said.

"Try it on", he said.

Diamond tried the bracelet on. "It's beautiful", she said.

"Like you", he said as he kissed her cheek.

Diamond smiled a little as she looked down.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

Diamond shook her head. "Nothing", she said as she kissed his forehead to make it seem like nothing was wrong. "I'm going to shower. I had a long day at work", she said.

"Okay", he said.

Diamond got up and walked upstairs.

TO BE CONTINUED....