Love, There Is Such a Thing

We had made our way through the passageway at this point, leaving the General behind, a broken mess on the floor. By the time he would be found and stitched back together again, we would've made it half way around the galaxy, but we weren't about to wait for that to play out. We had to keep moving.

"We're not too far off from where we need to be, but we should take a moment to rest. You need your energy. No one will find us here. I know that for certain."

I shook my head, "I should be fine, Kylo, just a few more-"

As if on cue, I lost my balance, the weight of over-exertion settling like a boulder on the top of my head. He wasn't kidding when he said I needed time to master such a move. Kylo was quick to sling his arm around my waist before I could hit the floor.

"-Steps..." I finished, sheepishly.

He pulled me and my limping legs over to an unkempt construction area, opening the hatch to an old, dusty supply closet.

I let a finger trace one of the shelving units, collecting a soft, grey film on the tip.

"What is this place? Seems like it's been decades since this area had residents."

Kylo took a cotton paint tarp from one of the storage cabinets, unfolded it carefully, and placed it over the floor to cover the cold concrete.

"I tend to get a bit forgetful," He said, hands smoothing out the fabric before placing his bottom down, "Especially as of late. I was set to make renovations down here-"

"Ahhh..." I voiced, a smirk spreading across my cheeks as I followed him onto the floor, "A place for whores and alcoholic beverages...?" I asked.

Kylo chuckled, eyes squinting as he placed my body between his long legs. My frame fit his like the pieces of a puzzle, the flat of my back flushed to his chest as he wrapped his biceps around my shoulders.

"Something like that, dove." He said with a soft sneer, finger nimbly tracing the line of my jaw.

I leaned my head back into his collarbone, relishing in the serenity of the moment. He knew, in more ways than one, how to put my mind at ease.

"What you did out there...I was...awestruck." He rattled off, hands playing with the lower hem of my top.

I blew the air out of my cheeks, allowing myself to drift away as my eyes fluttered closed, "Now I know why you said that move would be so difficult. I can't imagine how I would've accomplished it without you there."

He chuckled softly, "All in time."

"Kylo...?" My voice piped up, filling the empty sound of silence.

He looked down at me, tired eyes softening upon entering my eye line.

"What was your mother like...?" I asked gently, nervously pulling on the splayed thread of my sleeve.

He sighed, cheek against my hair, fingers combing through it.

"She was a beautiful woman. Kind, strong-willed, taught me what it meant to be a man...maybe even more so than my father." He looked to the ceiling, allowing the smallest of laughs to escape him.