"Sorry but I can't let you attack Louis," Legoshi said. I felt my heartbeat quicken. For some reason I felt... safe in Legoshi's arms. It felt nice. Which is kinda weird, I've never felt like that before.

"L-Legoshi?" I mumbled. I felt my cheeks heat up as I squirmed in his grasp. "Let me go!"

"Come on, just relax. I'm not gonna let go anytime soon," Legoshi said quietly.

I heard Louis scoff as he walked out of my view. Damn, he got away. Probably gonna go get ready for the club.

"Come on, Legoshi, he's gone so you can let me go," I said. But to no avail. Legoshi's grip on me didn't loosen.

"I don't want to," he said, putting his head on top of my head. Great, now I feel short compared to him.

"Legoshi, let go. Please?" I whined. Legoshi didn't say anything so I lifted my head and tried to look up at him. "Legoshi?"

Legoshi's eyes were on me. It felt like something out of a romance movie. We held eye contact for about 5 seconds before Legoshi's face turned bright red. He let go of me and stepped back.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me!" Legoshi stuttered, coveting his face with his hands. My cheeks still felt hot as I looked away.

"It's fine," I mumbled. God, why am I so embarrassed?!

"Ok, everyone! I have an announcement to make! Can everyone come here please?" I heard the teacher call out. I didn't realize that there was more students now in the building, everyone wearing a white tee-shirt and either red shorts or red joggers. Legoshi gave me a shirt and shorts also, so we both were in the outfit as well. Legoshi walked to the exit of the area and I followed. We both made it down to the main floor where a group of students, carnivores and herbivores, stood.

"Ok, as some of you know, we have a new member joining us! Miss (Y/N), can you please introduce yourself?" The teacher said, looking at me. Everyone's attention went to me, and I felt even more embarrassed.

"Oh, um my name is (Y/N) and starting today I will be joining the drama club, specifically the art department. Thank you all for having me," I bowed slightly.

"Sweet, a chick!" A tiger said, pumping his fist into the air. "And she's hot, too!"

"Bill, manners please!" The teacher said. The tiger laughed a little.

"Sorry, teach."

"Enough about that, we know that this is a weird time for the club to have a new member, especially since the big play is going to start in 4 days. Art department, I'm counting on you guys to help her get situated," Bambi said.

"Ok, lets start warmup," the teacher said. Everyone, well mainly everyone, broke off into groups and started stretching. I felt a heavy arm drop onto my shoulders.

"Hey, new girl. The name is Bill," the tiger from earlier said.

"My name is not 'new girl', and can you get your arm off of me?" I glared at the tiger. Bill laughed and lifted his arm off of me.

"Woah there, new g-, I mean (Y/N), relax a little. You pretty tense," Bill said. I scoffed and looked away.

"Shouldn't you go warm up?" I said.

"Yeah, but I was wondering if I can get your number before I do?" Bill said, walking up in my field of vision.

"Yeah I'll pass," I said.

"Oh come on, why not? You have a boyfriend or something?" Bill asked. I didn't say anything.

"Bill! Stop talking and warm up!" I heard Bambi yell out. Bill sighed.

"You heard the deer," I smirk as I walk away. I felt Bill's eyes burn the back of my head as I walked away to the group that Legoshi stood in.

"So I'm assuming I'm with you guys?" I say as soon as I reach the group.

"Ah, yes. My name is Dom, it's nice to meet you," a blue bird greeted. "But we can do introductions later, we need to finish the costumes for the show. (Y/N), are you good at sewing?"

"I mean I know how to? But I never really bothered with it," I say.

"Hm, ok, then you can just sit with us, I mean it's your first day here. Let's all go outside," Dom said, walking to one of the side doors. Everyone followed his lead, and I followed the group.

—🌕—
"Here, you can look at the finished costumes to make sure there isn't any loose pieces of thread anywhere and make sure they are fully ready," Dom said, placing a couple costumes on the box next to me. I nod and pick one up, looking over it. I wasn't really paying attention to the others conversation, but I was snapped out of spacing out when I heard laughing stop.

"This is Tem's," Legoshi said, a saddened look in his eyes. Everyone got quiet.

"Well, it's kinda freaky having it laying around," a mongoose, that I learned was Kai, said.

"Tem?" I asked. "Who's that?"

Everyone looked at me and I felt like I said something wrong.

"Oh, you got here after what happened," Dom said. "Tem was a member of the drama club, he was on the actors team."

"He got devoured on campus by a carnivore," Kai said. "He was a alpaca and no one knows who devoured him."

"Oh," I muttered, looking at the costume Legoshi held in his hands.

I wonder if that's another reason why animals were not happy about me, Hinata, and Asahi coming to this school. Everyone might think we might devour a student... I wonder who did it? And how they didn't get caught. I wonder if Tem has a shrine in the academy? Maybe if there is I should put some flowers over there...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone shaking my shoulder. "Can you come to the gardening club with me?" Legoshi asked.

"Why me?" I said. "And why are you going to the gardening club?"

"I need to go get roses, Kibi is coming also but I might need help carrying the flowers back here," Legoshi said.

I nodded and got up, dusting my pants off slightly. "Fine, I'll go."

A.N (IMPORTANT): So just wanted to say that in this book Legoshi has already meet Haru and he has felt like he had a crush on her but he came to the conclusion that it is his carnivorous instincts that made him want to be with her. K that's all.

By the way THANK YOU FOR 1K READS 😭❤️