Chapter 4: fever dream

I woke up and drifted into consciousness

I woke up and drifted into consciousness. Then back out. The world was a blur, and random images of last night seemed to float aimlessly around in my pool of thoughts, as though they were blown about viciously by a hurricane. A blaring beep from my alarm brought me back to the outside world, and I began to get ready to leave. I pulled on my pale denim mom jeans, a basic white cropped t shirt and white sneakers. Then I applied light makeup and tied my hair in a low bun and added small gold hoops. I began to stare reality in the face. To realise something bad could happen today. To me.
I met up with my close friend Stella outside my complex. We took the same major and I guess her extroverted personality worked well with my shy self. Our conversations always flowed and she was always beacon of bubbly-ness and positivity.
"Morning! I brought you some breakfast. It's just a left over danish I had and some coffee."
"Hey. Thanks Stells."
"You okay? You look rough as shit Han. Did something happen?"
       "I'm fine, just had to stay up extra late to catch up on some notes from the seminar."
        We continued our idle chit chat and the lecture went smoothly. We were studying Pride and Prejudiced, one of my favourites. It came to lunch hour and she offered me to eat with her and our best friend Dean, but I declined and decided to head out to eat at a cafe. I couldn't take a conversation right now. Not after last night.

It was quiet and deserted

It was quiet and deserted. Just what I needed right now. Some time to focus on work, away from everything else.
"Candy, huh?"
A surge of cold shock and fear pours through me and all of last night's events came flooding back like a heavily locked gate, forced open.
"Timothée?"