Chapter 22. ♠️

Start from the beginning

We came of the water feeling tired worn out and exhausted due to all the swimming we did all at once, but we weren't tired enough to collect our golden medal. we were crowd winner of the swimming competition.
We have already done all the track and field event including running and athletics all that was left was basketball.

Even though the our basketball coach doesn't want to trust Emmanuella by putting her at the forefront for the basketball team, she was part of the benches who could be used as substitution at any point in time. At least I made sure to practice and coach her throughout last week even till yesterday so she was definitely ready. Once I was sure of the out come,  Mercy and I went to change out of our swim wears and into something more appropriate. Once that was achieved we headed to the basketball courts to watch our basketball team in action.

Emmanuella POV

It was finally time the moment I've Been practice half my life for. I was sited in the benchers as a subtitles Because the coach didn't trust me enough to take the lead role on the basketball court. At the corner of my eyes I saw my friends Lydia, Kelvin  Mercy, Faruq, Ebuka and Chigoze giving me the you got this smile, I smile back at them but deep down
The super strikes theme song was humming in my head and I hummed it out as I felt like all eyes where on me ...

I'm finally here...
My Heart is pounding...
Fifty thousand fans screaming...
I can't get my breath...
The whistles sounding

With Every Ounce of effort
Every Skill I've got
I'll play super leagues greatest
And give em my best shot....

It record time the game between the Dowen academy and the Grenville academy began.  The boy already had there game yesterday so today was the girls turn. At exactly 3:15 the whistle was blown and the match began

I sat at the benchers feeling scared,  agitated and nervous all at once as the game began to unfold in front of my very eyes. The game had only just begun and Grenville academy who where new to this whole basketball game we're slowly gaining in us. They were always two point behind us and I was fearing the worst would happen. I closed my eyes hoping for some miracle but I felt like I jinked it because now there where 1point behind us and the third half just ended.

I wasn't on the court and neither had my hands touched the ball, but I still felt this urge to drink water. I gulped down half of the content of my bottle as tired to calm myself down.  The team huddle in one corner for a short break, I wanted to join them but I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. Few sec later the coach called on me to join in and I was pumped up about that.

"We got this team, we got this. Vitoria always leave an opening for your team mate,  and the rest of you guys have eyes on the ball. Remember they are one point behind Soo no slacking alright. We've done this before we can do it again!! Now let's go out there and bring home that medal like we've done for the past 5 years!!!! "

"Yeahhhhhhh!!!! "

And with that short break over and the 4th and final quarter began immediately. It was tougher than I expected but we did manage to hold them off at 38-40.
the judges decided that things were getting a little too serious, so they spiced things up by playing a little music to motivate us and hasting the speed of the game.

Song in the video below 👇👇👇

It wasn't long after the song began that Victoria sustain an injury, making her to get substituted for me with immediately effect. Before I got the chance to jog toward the basketball court Vitoria roughly grabbed my forearm holding it tightly as our face where just inches apart she said

"The faith of our basketball championship rest on your whipping
Shoulders. So you better no screw it... And... Don't. blow. it. EMMA We manage to keep this glory for decades"

With that said she finally let me go and I swore not to let the school down. Immediately I joined the court the song continued playing full blast and I put in all my skill, power, strength, agility and speed to good used. I was able to make a basket and this put us another point ahead.  I was happy with that and because of me we were leading, and we had 30 mins left on the clock before the game is concluded.

The rate at which things took a drastic turn within those 30 minutes was baffling.  It was like 1 mins We were leading and the next we we're all tied up. Time was running out now and we need to make just on more basket before we would be declared winner again.

But after much hustle and bustle my muscles were killing me as I could feel cramps all over. I tried to ignore the pain I tried to carry on but just when I had leaped into the air trying to make a basket THE final basket, someone from the opposite team roughly collected the ball from my hand. In a the matter milliseconds they had scored and the sounding of the whistle signal the end of the game.

I couldn't believe it they had managed to snatch away from me the one point I was struggling to make. But it was too late the judges had already made Greenville the winner of the tournament and for the first time in history we we're rewarded bronze instead of a gold.

______________________________________

All right that is the end of chapter 22 yep that ends the Chapter and surprise after all the practice and coaching and everything just one point was all it took for her to lose their entire tournament.

how devastating could I possibly be I mean wow she must really hate herself right now let's just hope she doesn't kill herself in the process

anyway stick around to find out more on your favourite book just a another Valentine and don't forget to

vote⭐🌠⭐

comments 📝📝📝

and

share🌀🌀🌀

thank you