Country club

*Maci's POV*
I closed my eyes and let the bright shine of the sun take my pale skin as I lay there, stiff as a bored beside my mom, who was reading Better Homes & Garden magazine.

I lowered my ray bans to get a better look at my brother Hayden and sister Katherine, splash in the crystal clear pool of Ceader Crest Coutry Club.

"Kath! Use your elbows for better force to get Hayden more!" I called to my little sister as I mimicked the motion and she smiled and did what I recommend. It helped, a lot.

I got up out of my chair to get my mom and I more sweet tea and my phone buzzed on the table top, I glanced over not giving much thought and nearly choked when I saw the alert from Henry.

Henry cell: Maci please tell your mom that your Half sister is coming to live with you all. Family emergency. Will explain more later. - H.L.
"Mom?" I called and showed her the alert and she smiled then it quickly faded and took her tea and drank it without saying a word.
"Mom? Are you alri-" she cut me off.
"Maci, please get your brother and sister dried while I go call you father, we need to discuss this matter." She pursed he lips together and marched away from the Country Club pool and towards the tennis courts.
"Katherine, Hayden. Let's get going, please." I said awkwardly.
They obeyed knowing something was wrong.
I sat down facing my younger siblings, minus the fact they were twins they were also my closest family members.

"Maci, are mom and dad gonna be alright?" Hayden spoke.

"Of course! Everything is alright." I reassured them. I honesty didn't know if that was true in the current moment but, I couldn't bear worrying these two.

I glanced at mom and she was getting annoyed with dad probably.
She hung up and began to march back to me and the twins.
"Let's go. Now." She spoke flatly. But She gave a look that could have killed.
She hadn't been this upset since last month when dad came home late every night for a week due to Henry over loading dad with paper work. Something about how the city needed little touch ups. Like repaved roads, street lamps needing new light bulbs and so on and so forth.
As we approached moms white Cadillac, I pulled out my iPhone and texted Henry back.

Maci: details about her?

He replied within seconds.

Henry cell: mom just died. Her dad is your dad and she looks sorta like you. You both seem to be the same age.

Maci: wonderful! Thnx a bunches Henry!

Henry cell: no problem miss.Maci

I showed Katherine the messages and she smiled. I put a finger up to my lips and she "zipped her lips".

We pulled up to the gates of our home and mom pressed the intercom and Gabriel came over the speaker.
"Mrs. Young, you're home early." He said opened the gate.
She pulled in behind dad and Henry's cars.

She got out and practically galloped to the door, not to mention her heels clicking on the pavement.
She looked elegant, in her navy blue dress and her light brown hair in a clean swept up-do.

My mom opened the door and Hayden held it open for me and Katherine.
My mom headed straight for my dad's office and me and Katherine went to my room and Hayden went to his.

I opened the door and there she was.