Chapter 11: Unexpected News

"Mr. Malfoy, I have some confidential news that I need to disclose to you..." the nurse said seriously, tilting her head towards Hermione.

The curlied-hair girl got the hint and dashed out the infirmary. 

"What is the last thing you remember? "

"I was heading to Transfiguration when that bloke Weasley "Sectum-Sempra-d" my arse."

"Oh that won't do, will it now?," the nurse tsk-ed.

"What are you on about, you old bird?"

"Do you know what day it is, Mr. Malfoy?

"Um..January 12th, 2015, obviously."

"No sir, it isn't..today is the 13th."

"Oh so, I slept the whole day?! I need a tardy slip!"

"Draco Malfoy! It is the 13th of May in the year 2020!"

This was definitely news to the pale boy and he listened attentively as the nurse described he had been in a coma for the past five years. However, that wasn't all she needed to disclose.

Draco watched as a little boy with strawberry-blonde hair and blue overalls skipped into the room over to his bedside.

"'Allo Pop!," the chap said.

"Um..what do you want, you little bugger?"

"WAIT! Draco...." Ron's voice carried from the open entry way. "We've been waiting for you to wake up."

Ron picked the short stout and lifted the boy onto his shoulders, "this is Basil (BA-zuhl) Mugwort Weasley-Malfoy-Granger.

"Uh...I'm sorry, are you calling roll? 'Cause count me present for being the most confused dickhead here. Will someone please for the sake of all that is magical, tell me what the bloody fuck is going on?"

Hermione reenters the infirmary and strolled over to Draco, picking up his hand. "I think it would be best if you heard this from me.

"Five years ago, when Ronald tried to duel you, well...you know how he mispronounces things? Spell casting has never been his forte and when he tried to say "sectum sempra" he said "cesarian section sempra".

"And..what does that have to do with anything?" Draco asked, impatiently.

"It impregnated you, Draco. Basil is your kid too."

It was in that moment that the shock, too extreme for Draco to handle, died int Hermione's arms.

And that kids, is how I met your mother.