Lovely Day

Hi friends!!!!

I welcome you all for my first novel

Kindly do give your support

Happy Reading 😊😊😊😊😊

#$#$#$#$#$#$#$$$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$

Morning

A beautiful village full of greenary, lakes, agricultural fields, wells with pumpsets and trees alongside the road.

While the people in the village are still asleep, the animals of every corner are making sounds to welcome a new day.

The moon that showered all the love and romance during the night is going to hide from the eyes of the bright hot Sun.

There is a big house in the village surrounded by trees and plants. The paddy fields on either side of the road were covered with green crops.

It's Friday clock shows 6 am, Saraswati ma opens the door, coming out and sprinkle cow dung water on the entrance of her house and put Rangoli makes extra beauty to the house. After that she takes a head bath and does her morning prayers and goes inside the kitchen.

Saraswati ma is bringing hot coffee to her husband Ram Gopal, who is reading a morning magazine in the garden.

After having a sip he said, "As usual your coffee is very tasty Saras" with a smile on his lips.

She smiles and turns to go, he called her "Did Poorna wake up ?? U know right today its her birthday".

Yes ji I do... Let's wait for sometime.

There is a slight movement on the bed. She removes the duvet, opens her cute eyes, seeing her palm before her face. The sudden fall of sunshine on her face from the window makes her to close her eyes again. She rubbed her eyes, then gets up breaking her morning laziness.

There is no need for alarms in villages, "Everywhere there is a chirping sound of birds, squirrel and the sound of other animals ".

Myself Poorna, "a cute village girl with a homely face, medium height and colour, long hair, smiling face" doing my final year engineering and got placed in MNC. I came to my native to celebrate my birthday with my family.

I opened the balcony door to see the scenic beauty of nature. I could feel the cool breeze of the morning, high mountains covered with snow and fog. I saw the farmers ploughing their fields with oxen.

I thought, "One will be lucky enough to see all this scenary, in this morning to celebrate a new day, an adventure full of excitement".

I got disturbed by a sudden knock on the door.

"Poorna... My dear, it's already 7 please get up", my mom's voice.

Yes, mom. I am coming..

I opened the door and give a hug to my mom.

My mom whispered, "Happy birthday my child" with a soft kiss on my cheeks.

"Thank you so much ma", I said and hugged her again.

Get ready soon dear, all are waiting for you. we have to go to temple it's already late.

Ok ma. I will be there in 10 mts.

My mom left and I went to a take bath.

Everyone in the house, "My grandparents, Saraswati ma, Ram Gopal pa, my younger sister pooja and my elder brother Praveen" were eagerly waiting for my arrival.

On seeing me coming downstairs, my dad exclaimed "you are looking like an angel in this green silk saree dear".

Everyone turns to see me.

My grandmother said, "Saraswati does Drushti to remove the evil eye on Poorna". (It is generally a superstitious phenomenon in which people believe that they get an evil eye when looking too beautiful).

My dad wished me with a kiss in my forehead. I got the blessings from elders.

Then we all started to temple and did our prayers and came back to home .

We all had our breakfast, it's my favourite poori with potato masala, Kesari, idli with sambar and tomato chutney.

Mom breakfast was yummy, we all three of them shouted happily in chorus .

My brother Praveen, "Doctor by profession, working in our village GH. His ambition is to become a Cardiologist. Side by side he was preparing for his PG" bid goodbye to everyone and he left for his work.

Talkative Pooja, "studying 12th in our village matriculation school, usually goes to school by bicycle along with her other friends", taking her lunch box bid bye to all.

My dad was HM and my mom was a School Teacher in our village government school. They took leave today to stay with me.

We all sat in the living room after our breakfast..

There was a silence.

I turned to see my dad by hearing his voice.

What are you doing sweetheart??? My dad asked.

Just checking my mails dad. Anything important?

S dr..Something it's urgent to speak with you..

Yeah dad, tell me what is it??? I asked him by placing my mobile on the table.

One proposal came for you, dear. They are our distant relatives. They saw you in marriage function last month and they liked you and our family very much. They are asking your hand in marriage of their son. We are also happy with this proposal, so we said ok. They are coming to see you on Sunday.

What??? I stammered.

Everyone was looking at me eagerly.

With a shocking look,"what's all this dad, why all of a sudden , I'm just doing my final year, I have my dreams too, why don't you think about it? I'm not mentally prepared for marriage and all dad. So sorry, I don't want this marriage dad please", I yelled.

************************************

Did you like the plot??

Kindly drop me your comments and vote if you like my story. It will encourage me a lot.

Thankyou
Udaya Gandhi.