| t w e n t y - s i x |

Start from the beginning

nana <3: holy hell i'm hot af

lele <3: you were saying something
jeno?

thank you chenle

sung <3: is this about y/n

how'd you know 🤨

sung <3: alr im going to bed then gn

no stay

sung <3: i feel awkward af tho

please

sung <3: no thanks <3

nana <3: just stay with us

sung <3: i hate you

sung <3: fine

im gonna ask her out

nana <3: fUCKING finally

nana <3: holy shit

hyuck <3: oh damn

nana <3: took you goddamn long
enough

lele <3: wow! nice!

sung <3: was that it? alr night

no it isn't

i have a question

should i ask her out in a specific
way?

lele <3: you never overthink asing someone out

lele <3: just do as you normally do

should i?

nana <3: the only difference is that
this time he actually is scared of rejection

nana <3: cute

nana <3: maybe give her a little
something

hyuck <3: yeah maybe

lele <3: oh like flowers or something

sung <3: cliché

sung <3: she'll probably like it ngl

what's her favorite flower?

sung <3: okay but y should i know

you're her brother idk

lele <3: what about sunflowers?
they're cute!

sung <3: yeah go with them

you sure?

sung <3: tbh i really don't think
she cares about flowers

sung <3: or well

sung <3: she isn't expecting them
at least so it really doesn't matter
what type you choose

lele <3: i'm on team sunflower

nana <3: yeah me too

hyuck <3: choose whatever you
want man

hyuck <3: choose what you think is
most suitable

okay

thank you guys

nana <3: good luck and go get her <3

i will !

-

jeno's phone
monday 12:02 am

gorgeous

hey uhm

i need to talk to you, so let's meet
up after school tomorrow, yeah?

or well later today i guess lol

yeah that was about it

goodnight gorgeous

sleep tight <3

-

jeno placed the phone beside his head on the bed. it was getting pretty late, and he wanted to feel on top the next day. even more if he really had the nerves to actually ask you out. it was way different from other girls, because this time he actually felt something, this time he actually feared rejection. maybe his nerves were the reason he had a hard time falling asleep.

he wasn't even quite sure what he'd do if you rejected him, he had never felt this way around anyone before. his heart always hammered in his chest when he got something as small as a text from you. there was a tickling feeling inside of him everytime he saw you, and he got the overwhelming urge to see your smile and hear your laugh all the time. his hands got all clammy and he was nervous about messing up.

holy shit, he wasn't sure if he was falling in love or getting sick. it was weird and new. it was thrilling and really fucking terrifying at the same time. jeno didn't mean to, he really didn't mean to let his thoughts wander. but did every girl they played with feel like this about him and jaemin? that must've been horrible now that he thought about it. jeno knew that what they had been doing was bullshit, he knew him and jaemin probably didn't deserve being loved because of what they had been doing.

they had been absolute assholes to play around with feelings like that. why did they even do it? because it was fun? maybe it was in the beginning, but it only made jeno feel more empty along the way he realized now. they had been absolute assholes, but it was never too late to change their ways, right?

when he had asked you out, and he'd hopefully be able to call you all his for real, he'd take jaemin with him and apologize to all the girls. all the girls made it sound like him and jaemin had played with all girls at school, which was far from the truth. they had been through a handful and that was about it, but it was definitely enough to give them a reputation at school. he was going to apologize to all the girls, give them closure and tell them that they are worth it. tell them that it was because something was wrong with him and jaemin, not them.

even though he made that promise to himself, he didn't feel less heavy in his chest. the weight was still there. it was as if someone was screaming in his head, screaming the same four words over and over again.

you don't deserve her.

jeno took a deep breath and rolled onto his side. why was sleep so far away? for a second he stopped trying to fall asleep, this time purposely letting his thoughts wander to you. you made him feel calm and maybe that was what he needed right now. he thought back to the day where he spent all day with you. he had been the happiest that day. he thought back to the way your eyes widened when he mentioned your favorite show, how they shined, and as cheesy and corny as it was, how your eyes put the stars to shame. he remembers you placing your legs in his laps, and he remembers holding himself back from actually squealing. jeno felt warm inside.

you don't deserve her.

the warmth disappeared. jeno smiled, his smile not reaching his eyes, and his smile not coming from his heart. he was falling in love but he didn't deserve one bit of it.