| t w e n t y - t h r e e |

"i have to go." jisung said, lifting himself to a standing position, and jaemin let out a sound, his eyes not leaving the screen in front of him. jeno was sitting beside jaemin, and he looked up at the younger one. "interesting conversation?" a sound of amusement left jisung. chenle came back into the living room with a bowl of chips, and he gave jisung a confused look as the youngest grabbed his jacket.

"y/n's drunk. first time drinking for real, and her mood changes in two seconds." chenle raised his eyebrows at that, and jeno felt the ends of his lips curl up a bit in amusement. "park y/n is drunk?" donghyuck asked, his eyes not leaving the screen either and jisung nodded even though the other one couldn't see it. jeno was silent for a few seconds, obviously thinking hard about something before he stood up.

"i'll drive." jeno said, grabbing his car keys and his jacket, jaemin grumbling something about being left alone with chenle and donghyuck in the background.

"you're coming back, right?" jaemin spoke up again, and the two leaving told him that they'd be back as soon as you were home and in bed. drowning out the sound of donghyuck cheering from his win, the two walked out of jaemin's house. it was in complete silence that the two got into jeno's car, and if jisung had to be honest, it was probably the most awkward moment he had ever experienced with jeno.

"so, why did you want to drive?" the question left jisung, however, he did already have a theory on why he suddenly decided to drive. the older one of the two kept quiet, his focus being on leaving jaemin's driveway before he decided to answer, "because i wanted to be nice?"

jisung snorted. yeah right. jeno raised his eyebrows at the sound of amusement leaving the one sitting beside him.

".. you like her, don't you?" the hands on the steering wheel tightened their grip, and jeno almost choked on his own spit at the bold question. clearing his throat, two words left jeno, "excuse me?"

jisung didn't repeat his question, instead he sighed, his hands fiddling with each other. with a shake of the head jisung spoke up again, and jeno felt his heart beat quicker from every word leaving him, "you just have to promise me one thing. you have to promise me that you aren't playing with her." how could someone two whole years younger than himself make him feel so small?

"jisung-" jeno stopped talking as he saw jisung shake his head.

"jeno, i am 99% sure that you like her." jisung wasn't looking at him as he said that. jeno could see through the corners of his eyes that the younger one was staring straight ahead of him. not once had he even looked over at jeno. before jeno could reply, jisung spoke again, finally sparing jeno a glance, "promise me jeno. promise me that you aren't fucking her over."

by now they had arrived in front of what should be yoojin's house if jisung had gotten the correct address of course. jeno chewed a bit on his lower lip, flinching the slightest bit as he accidentally pulled a piece of skin off.

"would you believe me if i said that she is the first one i've actually fallen for?" it was too late to back out now, jisung knew. he knew about his feelings about his twin sister. jisung blinked once, twice, thrice and then he shrugged, "i don't know.. is she?"

"yeah." his voice was small, and jisung wouldn't have heard him if it wasn't as quiet as it was in jeno's car. jisung had seen this coming, but it didn't feel less heavy in his heart to hear those words, "oh."

"so i have no plans of playing with her feelings, i swear." jeno quickly added, almost panicked. he could easily say that while lying through his teeth, jisung knew that, yet he found himself sighing, "okay."

if he had to be completely honest, jeno was surprised that jisung accepted it that quickly. he had expected that the other one would be a lot more against it and jeno would need to work harder to get his blessing. if that even was a blessing..

"what happened with the sudden change of attitude towards me being near your sister?" there was no sudden change of attitude. he didn't like it. jisung really didn't like the idea about the two of you at all, but what was the worst that could happen by giving him the benefit of the doubt? he wouldn't hurt her, knowing that their friendship would be at risk, right? right, that wouldn't happen.

"don't know. you seem happy when you're texting her. also the other way around, she's happy." he wasn't lying completely. she was happy texting jeno, he was happy texting her. they made each other happy, and who was he to ruin that?

that was the end of their conversation, and both of them left the car, silence upon them once again. puffing out a breath of air, jisung walked towards the front door, before a bit hesitantly knocking on it. there was some hushed shouting on the other side of the door and what sounded like a glass shattering, before the door opened. jisung was definitely not prepared to be tackled by yoojin, her hugging him as she cried for him to not take her best friend.

rather awkwardly lucas and mark peeled the clinging girl off jisung, apologizing quickly before dragging her back inside to let you get out. your face was flushed red, and almost immediately your eyes landed on jeno standing beside your brother. your twin scoffed, rolling his eyes as your own widened.

"oh, oh! hi jeno." a small grin spread out on his face at your slightly slurred words. he gave a small wave and you turned around to look at your friend's and say goodbye to them when you saw yoojin stiffle a giggle into her hand.

"y/n is blushing~" she sang, dodging your hand as it flew towards her to hit her shoulder. the words 'shut up yoojin' left you as a hiss before you looked at your boys, grinning up at them with a wave.

"see you loves!" after those words left you, you stuck your tongue out at yoojin, letting your brother and jeno help you out of her house. jeno had a hand on your lower back all the way to the car, and in return you clung to his shirt, sidehugging him all the way. it was almost as if you had forgotten your brother's presence, and he clicked his tongue at the way you clung to jeno.

he couldn't wait to see if you tomorrow even remembered what happened tonight.