Ch. 8-Angelina

Start bij het begin

        "Okay, but we have to make sure whoever joins can handle themselves in unexpected cases."

        "Jasss!" Robert exclaimed while fist bumping the air. Shamar and I couldn't help but laugh. Robert's nonchalant attitude hadn't changed at all; he was still his funny, care-free self. I'm laughing in a zombie apocalypse. I don't know why, but the idea made me laugh more. If I were to go insane, I'm glad I could go insane surrounded with insanely incredible people.

        "I'll ask around then." I stood up and walked off, searching for who would be good enough to be in our "group". We should probably think of a name to call it. I thought to myself. I already knew that Robert, Shamar, and I would be in our “squad”, so I made a mental list of those I thought would be capable of unexpected situations. So far I had Logan, Joe, and Brandon. Only six people? I thought in my mind, there has to be a couple more to help gather supplies for all of us. But who else…?

        “ Hey Jude, don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her under your skin, then you'll begin to make it better better better better better better, oh~”

        I smiled at hearing my latino friend’s voice singing softy. He would make an excellent addition to the group. He was strong because he had often worked physical labor since he was young. He also probably knew the most about things involved in the medical field which would make him very important since there was no nurse on campus. On top of that, he was smart and caring and would make decisions that benefited the group rather than him. He would definitely be a good member.

        I strode over to Michael F; he had been taking care of Danika’s sprained ankle. Danika and Jada were now both asleep next to each other as Michael F sang softly, “nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah…” He looked up at me and smiled; a nice, genuine, smile with his braces showing. I gladly returned it.

        “Looks like you took a good job of her ankle.” I nodded over to Danika’s left foot that was wrapped in a strip of Michael F’s shirt and propped up on a ventilation vent with a sweater underneath her ankle.

        “Yeah… she’ll be alright as long as she stays like that for a couple days. Although some ice would help her with the swelling.”

        “How bad is it sprained?” I ask.

        “Well, judging from how quickly her ankle swelled, she definitely tore her ligament. And since she couldn’t walk on it, it’s a more serious sprain, but she should be walking soon—“Michael F stopped talking when he noticed I was snickering at him, “what?” he questioned.

        “You neerrrdd!” I poked his cheek as I laughed. He laughed at himself as well, “It’s okay, and that’s useful nerd information. But I need to ask you something else too.” I stopped giggling and my face grew serious.

        “Sure, what is it?” he asked, his expression hardening as well.

        “So you know how we can’t really go anywhere since we have no weapons and stuff right?” Michael F nodded his head, signaling me to go on,”so we’re planning on staying here for awhile, but we’ll need supplies and food and stuff. It’s too dangerous for everyone to get stuff and too dangerous for just a couple of people to go. Shamar and some of us were discussing to make some kind of ‘group’ to go on supply runs and things like that. We decided that we would ask people who were athletic and capable of killing in the worst situations, but we also want the people we ask to know that they are putting their lives at risk and would have to be able to kill one of us if we…changed into one of them.” I nodded my head to the side of the building where Mr. M’s son and a couple other zombies were shuffling around. “Do you think you can do this?”