Ch.1-Jada

Hay guys!!Really excited cuz this is our first story on Wattpad!!And yes, we; we (dauntless narwahl) are two people. Dont worry, you'll be able to tell whos writing what (probably). We will also probably post some other fanfics and such in the future. we'll label our writings that we work on together with D&N in the titles. The writings where just one of us writes will either be labeled just D or just N. So yehh! now for the story~

You don't expect a zombie apocalypse to strike. It just happens. See, in the movies, the clouds are dangerously malignant and hang overhead like a guilty conscience. A strong wind whips across your face and the birds crow in the distance, taking off in flight to seek a safe haven among the stars. Then, emerging from a suddenly appearing mystical fog is a hoard of pale, blood-thirsty zombies, teeth bared, slowly trudging and growling inhumanly.

Ha, no.

When the undead took over my world, the sky was a bright baby blue with the occasional puff of white splotching the endless blue quilt sewn to the horizon. My day didn't start with some random zombie walking up to me. It wasn't perfect either. A middle school isn't the best place to be your home; but after that day - the end of the world - it became my only home. People who are alive, I can't even stand; but DEAD people who are alive, that's pretty much crossing my silver-lining of sanity.

The start of the EOTW started like any ordinary day in hell. I mean school. Geometry. Yes, I've got quite the sexy brain. I know how to count past my fingers AND toes. I know right? So sexy. Being that most of my other periods suck butt, geometry is one of my most favorable periods. Well. Its more survivable (Hahaha Jada, your puns are lame). Calculating the area of trapezoids and forming circles with specific radii seemed like my biggest problems. Now, they are the last. The obnoxious three-toned pangs of the bell signifying the end of first period jolted my brain out of solving a system of equations. I shoved my binder and other miscellaneous tools needed to calculate my math into my abnormally huge, grey Jansport backpack. I would've taken much better care of it if I knew how useful it would be a month later.

I zipped the remaining pockets closed and slung a strap over one shoulder. Being weighed down by the text books in my backpack, I pressed my body against the door and walking into the blinding sun. I strode down the hallway with my classmates trailing behind me. Vanna, the pretty,thin, volleyball-playing, flirty, teeny bopper Asian; and Kundhan, a petite, nerdy, Indian sass king of the dorks shout my name.

"Jada!" Vanna shrieks as she jogs up to me, "What did you get on the test?"

"The one we took yesterday?" I ask.

"No, the one we took two years ago. Yes, the one from yesterday!" she replies sarcastically.

"Hi." Says tall, dork, computer genius, Shamar as he steps in stride to my right. I notice our footsteps fall into sync and I respond with a casual "Hi."

"Jada won't tell me what she got on the test." Vanna whines.

"An 'A' probably." Shamar nudges me with his shoulder and his assumption makes me smile.

"An 'A' ?" Kundhan implores, curiously.

"Umm, 'A+' actually." I mutter under my breath. You can practically hear Vanna roll her eyes in her over exaggerated sigh. I've known her since the fourth grade, and well, she's actually quite the interesting character. Cute to a point where her doe-eyes can make boys (and girls) melt like a snowman in summer. Her intelligence is somewhat cunning and will have anyone and everyone on their hands and knees, wanting the privilege to assist her. Her model-thin waist compliments her tomboyish charm and draws all the boys in.

"Like always." She groans with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"I know right?" Kundhan agrees. I tilt my head down and remain quiet. I'm not sure if they're complimenting me or making fun of me. Instead, I stare at my size ten, speckled with dirt converse and examine my steps. So, the EOTW was just like any average day. When a relative dies, it's just an average day. When you get a pop quiz it's just an average day. The EOTW was just an average day.

So yeah, that was the first chapter :D , hope you doods enjoy it or rate or watevs, please leave comments if u like + hope u have/had a nice day :)) --- D&N