Ch. 3-Jada

Woa! two chapters in a week?!thats awesome!we'll probably be able to have one or two more chapters this week,too! enjoy~

The long dreary hours of the school day trudged sluggishly along, just as any other eventless day would. Ms. H, my algebra teacher last year, accepted me as her T.A. this year for second period. The forty-five minute long period was monotonously filled with grading and stamping papers. I sneaked a peak at my best friend, Angelina's, pop-quiz they had taken which had just been graded. She had algebra first period and has nervously prattled to me over text how anxious fear about the heavily-weighted quiz had settled over her normally confident demeanor. Plus, her competition with our fellow amigo, Michael F. (the goofiest Salvadorian boy I have ever met) added a slight stress onto her shoulders.

It wasn't until over the summer to which I saw how well our personas clashed. They swirled together like watercolors but were strong like pastels. We stood tall like elms to the outside world, preserved, fierce, and latent. But together, the truth of our feelings about certain aspects of life flowed out so easily like a bubbly brook. It was so easy to talk to her and she never gave me crap about anything. She accepted me and held me up right like a backbone. I knew I couldn't let somebody that special and vital slip by without having them be a part of my life.

Her nearly black hair spilled down her lower back like a deadly black waterfall. Her eyes shined with an artistic gloss that made you want to see the world through them. Her irises were the color of wet tree bark, left in the rain over night. They were shielded by black rims; her glasses. Her lips stretched a pinkish maroon above her chin and her bubbly cheeks added to the soft roundness of her face. She was about chin-level to me and would look up at me with her magnificently loving and lovable eyes that made me feel worth something. She was perfectly flawless, except for the eczema sprinkled on her skin. She despised those blemishes with a vigorous hatred, though I thought they added onto her uniqueness.

As I skimmed through the stack of papers in front of me, my eyes landed on her slinky, lanky handwriting-she had missed a couple, compared to Michael F's near perfect score with only a single error. I could almost feel her irritation imaginarily sear onto the outer edges of my mind. Just as I was running through my mind how I would break the news to her, the bell rang. I glanced back before I walked out the door. "See you tomorrow, Ms. H!"I called back behind me.

"Bye Jada! Thanks again." She replied. She was a stout Asian woman who always invested in relationships with her present and past students. She was really quite awesome, for a teacher anyways.

Next period: P.E. Ew. The need of physical education is strong in my life; the want, not so much. I am so physically weak, it is comedious. Mentally, that's a whole new story. But my fitness level is practically negative pi. I take long, lethargic strides down the hallway to catch up to my friend/husband, Danika (this was a joke that we had)who assists a teacher for second period too; a few classrooms down. Better yet, we have the same P.E. class and routinely walk to class together.

Believe it or not, she was actually weaker than me, physically. But her strong heart made up for her lack of muscle. Her sleek, lean figure slows so I can catch up to her. She flashes me a quick, shy smile. Yes, Danika is very shy. In any physical contact situation, her lips seal up and her body sways awkwardly, buzzing with nervous anxiety. However, she is the most awesome gamer girl I've ever met. She teams up with Shamar and Kundhan and a few of our other friends and all her nervous energy shoots out through her fingertips and onto the computer keyboard. It's her passion. Along with drawing big-eyed anime, she can be found spending hours on end staring at her computer and conquering yet another level of one of her many obsessions. Her shy, quiet demeanor blankets her gut-wrenching hilarious humor and determination to get through the day so she can spend the rest of it strategically calculating her next gaming move.

However, this veneer also hides her strong yearn to impress and live up to those she looks up to. Take Shamar for example, they both share their intense love of computer gaming. But the slightest and accidentally insulting comment slipping from Shamar's lips will send her into an over-thinking, stressed-out, nervous and awkward frenzy lasting typically a couple days. She's really quite cool, though. Her jokes (though inappropriate) will have me bent over laughing every time.

"Hi, baby." I humorously reply. A small smirk slips onto her mouth. Under her breath, she lets out an inappropriately implying groan, which sent me cackling like a dying sea-lion. Ah, gotta love Danika. We eventually make our way to the locker room, passing Vanna and our other friend (and my cousin) Kyra, a small skinny girl with a mysteriously dark aura and adorable giggle. Kyra offers me a smile, but Vanna makes eye contact with me, completely ignores me, and tries to pick up the conversation with Kyra.

Yep.

The locker room's signature lingering fog of miscellaneous sickly sweet perfumes and sweat makes me want to gag. I fight the urge to regurgitate the banana I had for breakfast and make my way to my locker. More and more girls file into the nearby lockers alongside me as well as the girly gossip of bras, boobs, and boys. I roll my eyes as two girls on the other side of the wall of lockers that separates us whine about how Gabe won't notice them. I quickly slip into extremely baggy sweatpants and my P.E. shirt and wait for Danika to join me in leaving the pungent room and its very much loud chatter of teen girls. We take slow steps to the blacktop, hoping it will stall time, yet knowing it won't.

The humdrum instructions about our unit today in P.E. drag on tediously and I only pay half attention. Instead, I dare to think about the dramatic Ebola epidemic. Ironic, I know right? Thinking about a deadly disease thirty minutes before the apocalypse strikes, such good luck we have. Anyways, I guess it started in some village in Western Africa and seems like the flu, but it kills, a minor difference. It's been killing off people there and somehow has made its way to Texas. Some other things about politics and quarantine and other subjects I couldn't care less about. Ha, irony. This stupid Ebola malady has taken over my friends and practically everyone's (well everyone whose left) lives. Yep, say goodbye to your computer, Danika.

The thought of the cancer-flu escapes my mind as I join my team on soccer. Our yellow pennies are the color of cat vomit and the smell isn't quite off, either. Being that soccer is my kryptonite, I stand between the goal cones and wait for the ball to makes its way to my side of the field. Lucky for me, the team we're playing sucks and the ball never comes my way, therefore allowing me to chill the rest of the period. Well, chill may not be the correct word. The air is sticky and is abundant in annoying flying insects. I glance up at the sea gulls flying almost right above our field. Stay away you demons I think in my head. The sun illuminates like a neon egg-yolk in the sky and emanates the California heat so fierce. I leave the period with a headache. Great way to start the EOTW, right? Grab your popcorn and silence your cell phones, the show's about to start: fourth period.

welp!there it is. gettin closer to the action part hehehhe... remember to please comment on how you like it and vote/rate. also sharing this would be nice, not trying to ask too much. mkaybai have/hope u had a nice day
---D&N