IX

I closed my eyes and breathed the warm tropical air calmly. Beside me, Nick was quietly reading a book. We pushed through with the beach trip, choosing St. Barths as our destination for a few days. Nick said he'd take care of everything and he did. We checked in Le Sereno hotel and stayed in their Suite Piscine which was both private and comfortable.

We settled in the outdoor living room overlooking the Grand Cul de Sac, it was a great view but Nick was more than the greatest view I could ever ask for. He was wearing white swim trunks and as though taunting me, he was only wearing that plus his sunglasses.

I glanced at him, not even hiding the fact that I was checking him out. My 27 year old fiance is buff. From the boyish figure he had, Nick now sports a muscular body which he keeps in shape by almost always using the small gym I had back home - I only used the treadmill once last year. 

That counts, right?

How did I get so lucky? I thought quietly as my eyes skated over his wide shoulders, his bulging arms, his chiselled chest…

"Babe," Nick was smirking at me with one eyebrow raised. "What are you doing?" He put his bookmark between the pages, placed it on the side table and turned his body to me.

I opened my mouth to speak, no words came out. 

"Oh, I see. You were checking me out just now." Nick flexed his arm, "You were looking at this?" He took my hand and placed it on his chest, I stared at him. "What?"

I withdrew my hand, "Stop teasing."

He started laughing, "You are so easy to get a reaction from, Y/N. Your cheeks are red." Nick reached out to pinch my cheek, "Adorable." He then took his phone which was resting near his book and raised it to take a selfie. Nick scooted closer next to me, "Smile, babe."

I grinned. Nick takes a lot of photos of us and it warms my heart to see how proud he is of me, of us. He then proceeded to upload it on Instagram and I laid a kiss on his shoulder.

"Let's head to the beach." Nick turned and kissed me. "Let me get a shirt." He stood up and went in the suite.

"Alright." I told him.We were actually in our swimwear already but we decided not to swim just yet so we made ourselves busy, not even changing back into our normal clothes.

I decided to put on my cover up since we would be walking downhill to the beach. I didn't feel comfortable walking around in my black one piece.

When we arrived at the beach, we occupied an area where we left our clothes. I stared at the view. St. Barth was known for its pristine beaches, clear waters, and outstanding oceanic scenery. 

We spent our morning swimming and admiring the view. By lunch, Nick and I decided to have lunch in the hotel's restaurant. We were both interested in snorkeling so we inquired about it in the front desk. By the afternoon, Nick and I were tired. Tired but extremely happy.

"Kayaking tomorrow?" My fiance grinned at me as he rose up to the surface. He loved physical activities and I...well, I just went along with it.

I nodded and pushed back my wet hair away from my face. I was just watching him, "Definitely. Can we visit the spa tomorrow afternoon?"

"Sure." He laid his arm around me as we walked back to the sand. We stopped by the shore and admired the soft colors of the sunset. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I have seen so many sunsets." Nick spoke, his expression becoming soft. "But this is probably my favorite." He lifted his arm away from me and faced me, "It feels so good to escape all of that glamour and just...live life, you know?"

I nodded, "I get it."

"And with the right girl? Damn, this day is  just perfect." He laid a hand on my nape and pulled me close. Our lips met and the salt from the sea just gave it a whole new taste, a whole new feeling. Nick kissed me lovingly, his lips caressing mine. He is right. This is perfect.

I cupped his cheeks and pulled him in deeper. I felt his smile against mine before he pulled away, "Let's continue this in the suite." Nick suggested, his tone becoming the familiar source of the goosebumps in my arm.

We ignored the fact that we would be photographed and the photo of us kissing would appear on all sites possible. We didn't care, actually. We stopped caring a few months ago and it was the best decision ever.

When we arrived in the suite, Nick took me in as gentle as he possibly could. His lips wandered, leaving a trail of heat on my skin. His expert fingers touched and wandered all over and I didn't know I missed it until I felt it again. Our bodies melted together, his strong figure against my soft curves.

"I love you." He whispered near my ear. With his body entangled with mine, I could swear my heart could just jump out of my chest and offer itself up to him. 

I shivered and sighed, letting go of all inhibitions. "I love you too."

We sunk into silence and I cuddled up to him. He wrapped a protective arm around my body and relaxed. We forgot about dinner that night, remembering it when we wake up the next day craving for food. 

But I guess we just didn't want to step out of the bubble we had that night. That night, nothing else mattered. 

There was only him and me.