⚬ chapter sixty-one

"Hey," I feel Ronnie tap my right shoulder

"Hey," I feel Ronnie tap my right shoulder. As I turn my head she passes me a note with a knowing smile. "You guys are like little school kids passing notes in class. You know it's the 21st century? He can text you."

I jokingly act like I'm offended. "It's him not me," I counter, taking the ripped piece of notebook paper into my hand. It reads 'I can't stop thinking about you.'

"Aw, how sweet," Ronnie says with rolled eyes. "You know, I expected something a little sexier from the Greyson Wild. You really have turned him into a softie."

"Snoop much?" I say, glaring at her for reading the note. She shrugs and turns her attention back to the front. When I know she's not looking, I turn the piece of paper over and read Grey's real message. 'Or about taking off your black lace bra last night. Or my hand sliding up your skirt at lunch today. Now that I can't stop thinking about.'

I feel myself blushing as I look to my right, a few seats past Ronnie, and see Greyson looking all hot as he stares at me and bites his lip. Alright, now I'm a little hot and bothered. The things that boy does to me.

I write down something in return then have Ronnie pass it back, watching her closely to make sure she doesn't see my message. I watch as Greyson unfolds my note and his eyes widen in response. I smile in satisfaction as he leans back into his chair and stares at me with a smirk. "Anything to share Mr. Wild and Ms. Spencer?" My head jerks to the front of the class where my physics teacher looks at us impatiently.

"Nothing class appropriate," Greyson responds with a charming and devilish smile, earning a few snickers from some people in class, but a glare from our teacher. "What? I gotta keep it PG. You wouldn't want me disturbing the focus of the class with my messages to Ms. Spencer, would you?" His voice is dripping with sarcasm and his eyes sparkle with his bad boy charm.

I stare dumbfounded at how good he is at being bad. He doesn't so much as stutter when he makes his snarky remarks and it's clear our teacher has given up on making a big deal with Greyson's antics. "I'm pretty sure you have already done enough of that. Let's bring our focus back to the lesson, shall we?" He says in response, turning back to his lesson without so much as another glare to Greyson.

I spin my head towards him and give him the glare he deserves, but he simply shrugs his shoulders and winks at me in response. The things that boy does to me...

* * *

I twist the combination into my locker and open it as the end of school bell rings, grabbing the few books I need for my homework and shoving it into my unzipped backpack. I shut my locker and sling my backpack straps over my shoulders. I pull out my phone and open up my texts to write to Ronnie, "I'll meet you in ten. I'm gonna grab us some coffee."

She responds back almost immediately. "Knew I made the right choice being friends with you." I roll my eyes and laugh when suddenly I see Greyson approach me. I lean back onto the locker and watch as he comes in closer to me, placing a hand on the locker behind me and moving his face in towards mine.