"Yeah, we're a bit early," Taehyung apologizes, Jimin's words stuck in his mind, "I think I'm fine with a water."

"Me too," Jeongguk says. Jimin nods, gets two glasses for them and a water carafe. He quietly hums a song as he returns to the table and pours them water.

"We've got soju and wine, too," he says with a slight grin, "But maybe we'll keep those for later."

Taehyung gives Jeongguk a look that is supposed to mean You're driving.
Jeongguk frowns.

"So," Taehyung says once Jimin has set the carafe down and sat down opposite of them, "You have your own apartment?"

Jimin nods. "It's not that far from here. Like, 20 minutes maybe. But I usually just go there to water my plants and keep them from dying." He chuckles. "I really do spent way too much time here."

Jeongguk and Taehyung exchange a fond glance.
"It's good," Taehyung says, "Good to be so close to people. You and Yoongi-ssi are close, right?"
It might be odd to ask such a personal question so quickly, but he can't help but wonder about their relationship status. Yoongi insisted on them just being casual hook ups, yet the way he spoke about Jimin was too endeared for something without feelings. And if Jimin really spends most of his time together with Yoongi, here, in his cramped little apartment, then Taehyung honestly doubts that these two are nothing more than friends.
"Sorry," he quickly says as he realizes how intrusive his question was, "I don't mean to be rude. I'm just... wondering."

Jimin's eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head.
"Oh, don't worry! I don't find it offensive. After all, knowing stuff like this will probably help your story, right?"

Taehyung opens his mouth, darts a look at Jeongguk and then nods.
"Sure," he says, "I believe so, yes."

Jimin smiles. "So yeah, I guess you could say that we're pretty close." A soft blush adorns his round cheeks. "We've known each other for quite a while." He turns around, looks at the pots standing on the stove.
"The food should be ready soon," he says, "We made a bunch of things — I didn't really know what you like."

"It's fine," Jeongguk says, "Do you need any help?"

Jimin waves him off. "No, don't worry." He gets up, turns off the stove and starts putting the food they prepared into small bowls.
The bedroom door opens and finally, Yoongi walks out. He looks a bit more relaxed than usually; perhaps it's the setting and maybe even Jimin's presence. He nods Taehyung and Jeongguk's way.

"Oh, sorry," he says, "You're early."
Taehyung does his best to smile.

"Yeah, we weren't sure about the traffic."

Yoongi nods, unimpressed, then he walks over to Jimin, places one hand on his lower back.
"You need help?"
Jimin hands him a few bowls and he puts them on the table, then he follows him with a bunch more and finally they sit down.

"I hope you didn't have trouble finding the address," Jimin says as they all fill their bowls with food. It smells delicious.

"No, it was quite easy to find," Jeongguk says, "Nice neighborhood you live in."

"It's alright," Yoongi dismisses the obvious attempt at starting a conversation. His eyes dart around the room; Taehyung wonders he is ever completely at ease or if his nervous persona has become normality for him.

Jimin shoots the man a quick glance, then looks back at Taehyung and Jeongguk. He seems to sense the weird atmosphere but hopefully doesn't blame himself, still tries to make it more comfortable.
"I kinda like it," he says, "It's sweet. Where do you live?"