Day After Day

The second time she wakes up, the cold sheets tell her that Klaus left a while ago. With a slight pout, she goes about her morning routine a tad slower than usual, her movements tired and uncoordinated. Last night was exhausting, and she stands by what she said while they were recovering in the bathtub after the first round. This no sex thing is never happening again.

Unless she decides to withhold sex until he frees Damon, she thinks with a wicked grin to herself. She won't delude herself into thinking that she'd stand a chance, all he'd have to do to seduce her back into his bed now that they've agreed to resume their physical relationship is speak in that husky voice that he knows always gets to her. He'd see right through her, he knows the effect he has on her.

Still, this could make for a very fun game. She can already picture it in her mind, trying to resist him, seeing his confusion at first, then the realization dawning on his face, and finally his eyes lighting up with the challenge. She wonders if he'd play along and go with it, if he'd fake believing for even a moment that she could resist him with his charms turned on full force, or if he'd go straight for the jugular and immediately start describing everything he'd do to her if she let him touch her. Or maybe he'd bypass the convincing entirely and just kiss her until her head started spinning and she couldn't wait to tear his clothes off.

Damn, now she's turned on.

Yeah, wouldn't stand a chance.

She'll give it a shot anyway, for the hell of it.

She briefly wonders if she should really be considering having fun with this since her friends' fate hangs in the balance, but then she decides to shrug her conscience off on this matter. She doesn't see the harm in it. Trying to get Klaus to reconsider Damon's sentence is going to take a while – months, maybe years – why not turn it into something slightly less stressful and dramatic in the process?

Shaking herself out of her daydream, she finishes getting dressed and exits Klaus' room, following the smell of coffee.

It's not until she finds herself in the kitchen with only Stefan there that she starts to suspect that something is wrong. It's well over 9, and while this cannot exactly be considered late, she's never known Elijah to stay in bed after 8. She doubts he's breaking the habit now that his brother is back and relatively stable and they can finally start planning their move against Marcel.

Besides, she may have been half asleep when Klaus left, but she's pretty sure he said he was going to talk to his brother, and she can't hear anything coming from any of the other rooms. Maybe they just left to deal with an urgent matter, but something feels... off.

"Hey Stef'."

"Morning, Care. Coffee?"

"Please," she says as she perches herself up on the counter. "Have you seen Bekah or Elijah?"

"Not since last night."

"Hm."

"Is something wrong?"

"I'm... not sure."

"Where's Klaus?"

"I don't know," she admits, gratefully taking the mug he's handing her. "How long have you been up?"

"A while."

"And you haven't seen him?"

"No."

Okay... This is strange. It's nothing specific, just... her gut trying to tell her something. What, she's not sure.

"I'm going to go check on Bekah," she decides, setting her mug on the counter, jumping down and leaving before Stefan has a chance to question her.