Bad Things

When you came in the air went out

And all those shadows there filled up with doubt

I don't know who you think you are

But before the night is through

I wanna do bad things with you

I wanna do real bad things with you

Rebekah is on the phone when Caroline joins her. The young vampire woke up a few hours ago, and she went back to her room to shower and get dressed. She then went out for a while, promising with a roll of her eyes not to bring attention to herself. When she came back, she followed the original's voice to one of the studies. She had nothing better to do and the alarm in the other blonde's voice can only mean that there is a problem. She wants to know if it has anything to do with her. With her vampire hearing, it doesn't take her long to identify Elijah's voice on the other end of the phone and she sits down across from Rebekah, noting the tension in her posture.

"Calm down, sister. Everything is under control."

"You should have been back hours ago! Caroline is awake. He told her he wouldn't be long."

"So he changed his mind."

To Caroline, it sounds like a logical explanation, Elijah's voice casual and almost bored. Rebekah however seems to have heard something else in the simple sentence, for she narrows her eyes like she can actually intimidate her brother over the phone. "You're hiding something from me." There is a sigh from Elijah, but nothing else. "What is it?"

Another sigh, followed by a reluctant answer.

"He turned."

"He... What?"

"He transitioned into a werewolf. I had to lure him outside of town to try and limit the damage."

"And by lure you mean..."

"Fight," Elijah admits at last.

Even Caroline can't help but lift an eyebrow at that. Elijah fought a werewolf in his wolf form and survived? Of course, she knows that original vampires are as close to indestructible as you can get, but still, this is Klaus they're talking about. He's deadly enough when he's walking on two legs.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be fine, don't worry about me. My suit wasn't so lucky though."

Rebekah rolls her eyes at his lame attempt at a joke. She doesn't look convinced, but she lets it go for now, choosing to focus on more urgent matters.

"Has he transitioned back yet?"

"No."

"That can't be good."

"We knew there was a risk this would happen."

"Yeah, and we couldn't think of a single solution," Rebekah snaps, clearly referring to a conversation that took place before they dragged Caroline to New Orleans. "Who knows if he'll ever want to return to his human form? The last time he transitioned..."

"I know, Rebekah. I was there, you weren't."

Obviously, Caroline is missing some family history if she wants to be able to follow their conversation. Although she seems to remember Klaus going all werewolf in the woods surrounding Mystic Falls right after he broke his curse, and if memory serves, it lasted a while, a few days at least. If this is what they are referring to, she can certainly understand their worry. As a hybrid, he can choose the amount of time he spends in his wolf form, and who knows how long that will be. He's enough of a loose cannon as a man, he has to be downright uncontrollable as a wolf. Not to mention it doesn't exactly make communication easy, which means they have no hope of talking to him or trying to reason with him, or manipulating him or whatever it is they were going to attempt next.