Maybe that's why he did it. Maybe he got tired of their plots and decided to make it impossible for them to do much of anything.

Or maybe he just felt like roaming wild for a few hours.

Either way, there's not much she or Rebekah can do right now other than count on Elijah. The original sister seems to come to the same conclusion, for she hangs up, not before asking her brother to call her if anything else happens.

"This is unfortunate," Caroline says when Rebekah turns her attention to her.

The other blonde snorts, her stance both disbelieving and defeated.

"Understatement of the century."

"Is this the first time he's transitioned since he flipped the switch?"

"Yes. Until today, he had only turned once, back when he broke the curse."

Caroline just nods, trying to think of a way to fix this, but she can't. She doubts even two originals would be enough to restrain wolf-Klaus and given the circumstances, she's certainly not going to put her life on the line to help them. Her duties only extend so far.

"This is a disaster," Rebekah whines.

Caroline shrugs. It's certainly a setback for Klaus' siblings, but as far as she's concerned, those are not exactly bad news. After all, if Klaus stays in his wolf form, there is objectively nothing she can do. Elijah won't be able to pin the failure on her, and he certainly won't expect her to succeed in bringing Klaus back. She's held up her end of the bargain so far. Klaus' transition could mean that she's now free to do as she pleases without the threat of compulsion looming over her head. She knows Elijah to be an honorable man, and if he realizes that her help is now useless, he might just let her go.

Yes, the more she thinks about it, the more Klaus just never turning back seems like the best solution for her.

She probably shouldn't get her hopes up though. There is still the possibility that he just wanted to hunt for a while and will be back to his human form by tonight. Which means she has to stay on top of this situation, and now is as good a time as any to ask the question she hasn't had a chance to ask yet.

"How did you deal with him the last time he turned off his humanity?"

Rebekah looks at her like she just grew a second head.

"There is no last time."

"This can't be the first time in a thousand years that..." she trails off at the original's pointed look and Caroline lets out a pensive "Oh." It seems Klaus is even stronger than she's been giving him credit for. If she had been through half of what he's been through in ten centuries... Hell, who is she kidding? She went through much less than that before she decided that she'd had enough. "What about Elijah, Kol and you? Did you ever..."

"Yes. We all went through it at some point or another."

"And how did Klaus deal with it?"

"How do you think?"

"Ah. A little nap in your coffin." At Rebekah's nod, Caroline shrugs. "Too bad we can't do the same to him."

"Indeed."

It's dark outside when they get the call from Elijah letting them know that Klaus has turned back and is on his way home. Rebekah sighs in relief and glances at Caroline who is standing next to one of Klaus' paintings, taking in the amazingly detailed landscape.

"Well... If he doesn't end up killing you, this is going to be the best sex of your life."

Yeah, that's pretty much what she was thinking.