• quiet •

Hinata POV
Hating the silence is hard when that's all you've ever heard.

Sure, I've never heard the startling sound of an alarm or a loud train, nor have I ever heard the sound of a persons voice crack as their about to cry...

...But I've also never heard the sound of the excitement after a game or the crash of the ocean at nightfall.

Of course, being deaf has its pros and cons, one of the cons however is going to a new place for the first time.

Karasuno Kōkō Highschool

I've had my eye on this school since my first year of middle school.

I anxiously walk through the halls, switching my vision from the map to what's in front of me.

'According to this,' I think to myself. 'If I take a right here, I'll be in my homeroom class-'

My thoughts are interrupted by something hitting my face.

A wall?
No, a person!

I bow slightly as if to say 'I'm sorry'

When I look up, a friendly looking sliver haired boy is looking over me.

He says something, and although I can't hear it, I can read his lips a little.

sorry, you, lost?

I assume he said, 'sorry, oh are you lost?'

I nod my head slightly and smile a little so he didn't think I was just some shy kid who didn't want to talk.

He gestured for my map and I give it to him.

He rubs his chin before giggling a little.

wrong area, third, there

I guess I'm in the third year area.

He points to a building not far some here.

I bow my head again before heading off. Before I leave however, I try to glance at his school bag for his name.

'Sugawara Koushi'

Interesting.

By the time lunch comes around I've already had at least a million awkward conversations.

I try not to be too direct about it, not that I'm ashamed of being deaf, it's just easier if they think I can hear them.

As I was going to the vending machine to get some food, something hit me on the back of the head, hard.

I rub it and turn around, seeing that what hit me was a volleyball.

When I look up, a tall dark haired boy is jogging towards me.

When he gets close he starts to say something.

sorry, calling, name, me

'Sorry, I was calling your name but you didn't answer me' I assume.

I make an 'O' sign with my fingers, signalling that's its ok.

I go to pick up what hit me when I realise that's its a volleyball.

'Volleyball?' I mouth, looking up at him excitedly.

"Yeah" I can make out he says.

I go to mouth something to him, when I figured it'd be easier to just get a pen and paper out.

I forgot he didn't know I was deaf, and he had a really confused look on his face.

I sigh and giggle, pointing to my ears and mouthing 'deaf.'