You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)

Start from the beginning

Her heart dropped when all she saw was the cat licking her paws.

"Sweetie, do you know where Tala is?"

"Rowr," The cat replied, lying down.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Nova said, walking to the kitchen.

She still didn't see Adrian or Tala.

Now, Nova was convinced Adrian was still asleep and Tala was kidnapped.

But why wouldn't they take Georgia, too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian crossed the hall to the nursery, where he put a sleepy Tala down in her crib and picked up Georgia and brought her to his room.

Now that Tala was calmed down, he could make sure Georgia was calm, too, so Nova could relax.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova went back to the nursery and sighed in relief when she saw Tala.

'Where were you, my dear?" She asked, kissing the baby's forehead.

She turned to Georgia's crib.

"Aww! Where is Georgia?!" She asked.

She put Tala back and paced the room.

She saw Georgia this morning, right? Or was she Tala? Which baby was which?!

She rushed out into the living room and screamed into a pillow.

The sleep deprivation was doing this.

She calmly walked back to the nursery, determined to get to the bottom of this.

"Adrian!" She exclaimed, seeing her husband in the room.

"Good morning, Nova," He said, facing the other way, looking out the window.

"It's missing, Adrian! Missing! I looked all over! It is missing!"

"What's missing?"

The sleep deprivation made Nova tired and panicked. She forgot the word "baby" for a minute.

"The, um, the thing." She said, losing patience.

"The thing?"

"YES, ADRIAN! THE THING THAT CAME OUT OF ME A FEW MONTHS AGO! IT'S MISSING!" Nova screamed.

He turned around, utterly confused.

"Oh! There it is!" Nova exclaimed.

"You meant our child?!"

She grabbed Tala as Adrian held Georgia.

"I saw Georgia this morning, and I couldn't find Tala, so I left Georgia to look for Tala. I came back, and there Tala was, but no Georgia. I thought I was losing my mind.

"I gave myself quality time with both of my daughters this morning. I stayed in the living room with Tala but moved back when you were getting ready, figuring you were going to head to the kitchen for coffee. So I took Tala to the room, and then put her back to get Georgia, and was hoping you'd get a morning where you wouldn't have to hear the crying."

She held Tala close.

"I will listen to the crying for eternity because it means my daughters are safe and alive." Nova replied.

"I'm sorry," Adrian said.

"Don't apologize. It's sweet. But I would rather hear the crying than nothing at all. Those parenting books that mentioned Sudden Infant Death Syndrome really scared me."

She looked into Tala's opened eyes, seeing bright blue orbs staring back at hers.

"It's not fair that they both got your eyes," He said, holding a blue-eyed Georgia.

"Well, Tala got your hair,"

"And Georgia got yours. It seems only fair that one of them would get my eyes. But no," Adrian pouted.

She put Tala in her crib and Adrian put Georgia in hers.

They both went to the living room.

"I was starting to panic, thinking Tala was kidnapped."

'What? Seriously?"

"It's the lack of sleep. I also forgot the word for 'baby'."

"Yeah, calling it 'the thing that came out of me'," Adrian replied, laughing.

"How do you think Ruby and Oscar are handling it?" Nova asked.

"They had one son. I'm sure they're managing." Adrian replied.

"Remember when we thought we were having one daughter?" Nova reminsiced the moment the doctor said "It's a girl!" and nothing more.

"I guess Tala was always good at hiding, huh?" Adrian asked.

"And they said they'd be identical." Nova stated.

"They thought the egg split after the first ultrasound." He added.

"But nope. Tala was just hiding from us. She was always the smaller one." Nova said.

"Like you," Adrian said.

"Like my mom," Nova said. "The first Tala."

"Adrian?" Nova asked again.

"What?"

"I'm glad we had twin girls. So we could pay tribute to our mothers."

"I'm glad, too, Nova." He said, pecking her on the cheek as they stood in the middle of the nursery, between the two cribs.

Then, Tala began to cry.

And then Georgia followed.

"They ruined the moment," Nova sighed, grabbing Georgia as Adrian grabbed Tala.

But Nova an Adrian wouldn't have it any other way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, readers!

I have had this one done for a week or so, but if I had published it when I wanted to, it would have spoiled my own story, so I had to write the two previous ones, first. It kind of sucked, because I was really excited to share this one, but Telling The Friends and Delivery were good, too.

I'm not that knowledgeable of twins, so I don't know is it's possible for one twin to hide behind the other, but for the sake of this story, let's say it is possible. Of course, Nova and Adrian found out by later ultrasounds that she was having twins, just not from the first one, and to be fair, the first one would probably be hard to read, anyway.

If you haven't read my last one-shot, please do. I was very proud of it.

Oh, and by the way, my last final is tomorrow. You can expect more frequent updates this summer!

So, until then,

Keep reading!