20. Only In Dreams

I surprised myself by sleeping for the majority of the ten hour flight, as being out that long on ANY occasion was unheard of for me. When I eventually did wake up, I felt the fabric beneath me shift a little, and was momentarily confused until I realised I’d passed out with my head on John’s lap. He was shifting about. I felt a little bad, since he must’ve been uncomfortable with me crushing his thighs for so long. With a long yawn, I sat up and stretched, my neck a little sore from laying in the odd position for so long.

–“How long was I out for?”– I asked John, still sounding half asleep.

To my surprise, he didn’t answer, so I looked over and saw that he was out for the count, too. It was no surprise, since the repetitive drone of the engines and the relative comfort of the first-class seats was threatening to lull me back to sleep, too. I took a long look at him drowsing, thinking about how this was only the second time we’d fallen asleep together, and studying his angular features so I’d never forget them. I hoped I wouldn’t have to think about that for a long time. Right now, I was more content than I’d ever been.

When I’d seen enough of John, I gazed out of the window, expecting to see the sea far below. Instead, I saw mountains rising up to meet us, and I began to feel a spark of excitement. Was that Italy I could see?

The seatbelt sign that suddenly flickered on above me answered that question, and so I chose to wake John up and tell him. I grinned as I thought of an idea. With one hand, I brought his face close to mine, and kissed him with more passion than anyone should do in public, which made his eyes fly open. He kissed me back just as hard, if not harder, pulling me up onto his lap properly. Then, he remembered he was on a plane, in public, and John stopped, and gently lifted me off. But the fire in his eyes didn’t die out.

–“That was the best way I’ve been woken up in a while,”– his voice was almost a growl in my ear. Fuck me, that was hot.

–“It was no trouble,”– I replied in an equally suggestive way, batting my eyelids at him, –“we’re about to land anyway, John.”–

Our landing was relatively unproblematic, and although the bump as we touched down surprised me, I was too excited to notice. We were finally there! There would be two whole weeks, just for me and John, and there was no telling what we’d get up to.

In the afternoon sun it was warmer than it had been in New York, and I relished the feel of it on my skin. I breathed in the smell of the nearby sea - the scent of it mixed with the heat in the air. I couldn’t believe I was here at all, let alone here with John. Sicily was breathtaking.