1. Shadows On Your Side

It was Sunday evening when my little sister Sarah came barging into my room. She looked as if she had won the lottery, even though that was not the case. With a magazine in her hand she started screaming

–“JOHN TAYLOR IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM WITH HIS NEW BAND IN A FEW WEEKS!”–

I couldn't believe she was screaming just because of that. I mean, I knew that JT was my sister's favorite celebrity crush, but I was confused, had Duran Duran, the perfect boy band, split up? A new band? I was so out of touch with music because university had taken over my life. I was in my 2nd year of studying photography and I have never felt so insane.

As much as my sister plays and talks about Duran Duran, for some reason I never have been drawn to their music, but I must admit that their music videos are quite entertaining.

A week passed and Sarah came back with more "exciting" news. She told me that The Power Station were having a photoshoot, and they didn't have a photographer in hand. I never understood when and how my sister got this information really, but she begged me to fake a photographer application. Turns out the band was in New York, and that's where I live with my family.

I ended up faking my degree, so my sister would finally shut up about bands for a while, and called the band's manager. I gave him my information and told him I was free to book.

I was hoping this was good enough to please my pubescent sister, after all, she just wanted a Power Station picture, and perhaps a John Taylor one as well. I knew that I wasn't going to get the job, the application I sent was too obvious that I wasn't a professional photographer

The next day, I got a surprising phone call, it was the super-group's manager, calling to tell me I booked the photosession with the band tomorrow. I was in awe. How could I have gotten this job? I asked myself. I decided to hide this from Sarah, and rested for the exhausting day that would be tomorrow.