13. We Need You

I burst out of the room an looked out a window, my sister had already gotten all the way downstairs, and she was maddly heading towards the train station.

I quickly dressed myself up and John and I where out the door. The elevator would take too long, so we ran down the stairs. Once we reached the first floor, a lady at the front desk stopped me.

–“Miss, I believe we have your car keys”– she said.

My keys? My car? WAIT MY CAR? I ran back to the desk and grabbed them. The woman said someone from the crew had dropped off the vehicle last night. I don't remember handing the keys to anyone, but I proceeded to take them anyways.

–“OK, thank you”– I replied very out of breath.

Before she could say anything back, I was on my way running out the door. To my surprise, my car was actually parked outside. Driving would've been much faster, but because we had no idea where Sarah headed off to, so we continued to the train station.

–“You look so beautiful when you're mad”– John said.

–“We don't have time for this, John. My sister could get lost any minute now and we have to go back to New York by tonight”– I harshly replied back to him.

–“My apologies, love.”– he panted.

We reached the subway station and saw my sister get into a wagon. Fortunately I catched a glimpse of the number and looked it up on the map on the wall. It was crowded. Number 15 was on the blue line, which headed to the art museum here in Philly.

–“That's where that scene in Rocky was filmed”– John said –“Does Sarah like those type of movies?”– he added.

Of course, my sister loved movie and television culture. She must have gotten off at that station, she had to be there by now.

–“Yes! She loves the Rocky movies, thanks for bringing that up”– I replied

–“Glad I could help you out, darling”–John finalized.

We sat down to wait for the next subway. I was exhausted, so I laid my head on John's shoulder. I was surprised how no one had recognized the famous Duran Duran member, though John was trying to cover himself up a little.

–“it's been a while since I've been on public transport”–John chuckled.

This man only traveled in private jets and tour buses, I can't believe he signed up to go out in public like this.

–“Be happy you're not in NYC subway, everything goes on in there”– I said.

–“I had a marvelous time in The Big Apple”– he snickered, –“but I don't even want to imagine that New York traffic”–.

We kept this conversation going until the train arrived. I was urging for this to go faster. John tried to calm me down but I was too scared for my sister's fate, maybe she's already been kidnapped, who knows. The whole trip to the museum I was thinking on how all of this was possible. Things can't work out with John, right? I had to go home tonight and I was probably never going to see him again. This was ridiculous.

I got my shit together, and as soon as the doors of the subway opened, we ran out the station and sprinted through a couple of blocks until we arrived at the monument. We started looking around this tourist attraction - she was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, I heard my name

–“Irene! She's over here”– John yelled.

And there was Sarah, sitting on the famous Rocky steps. I was relieved. We calmly started to head towards the long steps to reach her. She didn't even notice us approach her, since her head was in between her knees. She was most likely crying. Was I such a bad sister?