Chapter Four: I Get A New Dagger

The next morning I was moved to Cabin 8. It was a nice cabin, despite the fact everything was silver. And I was absolutely miserable. When I was in Cabin 11, I felt like I actually had a home. Now I am a complete loner.

I sat by myself at breakfast, lunch,and dinner. Niko volunteered to give me training so I can actually fight in Capture the Flag, which was in 4 days.

Niko lead me to a spot around Athena's Cabin. He turned and behind it, was a small shack that looked like it was for gardening tools.

Inside, there were definitely no gardening tools, whatsoever. Instead, there were weapons. From guns, bows, knives to sword, clubs and a bunch of other stuff.

"I'm not the best weapon chooser," Niko muttered. "But I do know someone who has an excellent choice in weapons."

A blonde haired girl came in. I instantly recognized her as Amnabeth Chase, captain of the

blue team for Capture the Flag.

Niko walked out and Annabeth turned to me. "So," she started. "Let's find you a weapon, shall we?"

Annabeth poked through the shelves. She spotted something that looked like a crossbow. She picked it up, pulled back the string and placed a bolt in the notch.

"Celestial Bronze arrows, won't hurt mortas, but it's lethal towards monsters and half-bloods," she explained.

I scrunched my nose. "No, too flashy."

She set it back into the shelf and something shiny caught my eye.

"What's this?" I asked, reaching over to grab it.

It appeared to be a dagger. The sheath was simple black leather with silver triangle at the top and sort of arrow-arrow shape for the bottom. I pulled off the sheath and I found myself staring into my reflection. The grip was simply black with a strip of silver in the center. The dagger was about 18 inches in length.

"Hmm," Annabeth said. "It suits you. That metal is called Sterling Silver. It's extremly rare, found only in Mount Olympus, along with Celstial Bronze."

I lifted it up into the air. Surprisingly, it was lightweight.

"I know someone who had that dagger once. The dagger was emchanted so you can never break it or lose it. It also has the ability to change form, like into a sword. Try it."

I willed the dagger to morph into a sword. The blade extended at least another 7 inches.

"Helpful. . ." I murmured. I willed it to shrink back into it's normal size. "Thanks Annabeth!"

I sheathed and fastened the dagger to my belt and flattened out my Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt before leaving the room.

Niko was waiting outside. "Did ya get anything?"

I unsheathed the dagger and Niko stared at it in awe. "Nice," he said.

"Let's go to sword practice," he said. "I'm the best swordsman in Camp, at least, that's what people say."