THIRTEEN

************

"I close my eyes and all i see is you and the small things you do"-Those Eyes By New West

************

Lacey never felt so much serotonin release from her body when she began walking away from the beach that situated nearly ever Kook on the island. Most of all she was glad that rafe wasn't anywhere near her as she walked away, not sure if she really wanted to waste her time on the boy anymore. It felt different now. As though her mind debated about every little detail of her simple life. The beginning, the middle and the end. He was apart of both of those for her. Maybe he wouldn't be apart of her end. Not anymore. She wanted to leave, run and hide away from the boy she spend most her life caring about, Loving. However The girl honestly didn't know is she could pretend to be that strong. To leave that situation. She would say Rafe Cameron broke her heart. However that wasn't true. He broke way more than that.

Her body was changing. Everything about her was slowly changing. She hated it. All she felt now was insecurities. That everything and anything, was slowly breaking her. To the point it was become obvious to everyone else's around her. That the person she pretended to be, was slowly disappearing. The panic attacks, the suffocation, the obsessive need for a distraction. They were slowly being revealed to the world. Alarming people that she didn't even know cared before. The once girl that never showed any emotions, was obsessively showing them towards people who didn't even really know her. Her body was slowly rejection her mind.

When walking of the beach the girl was suprised to see John B's van parked outside. Lacey shrugged her shoulder seeing the Pogues through the window as she walked closer. They all quited down, as though they were speaking about her. The girl assumed that anyways, when Pope stiffened up. Lacey didn't care much, she knew people talked about her a lot. It was the aura she brought. The mystery and charm around being one of the richest people on the island. She also knew, that it was only a matter of time before they wanted answers. To why she was still hanging around with them, why JJ was the only person to actually step foot in her house. Or even why Rafe Cameron stared at her with a intense look while walking towards the car. Time was ticking.

"What are you guys doing here" Lacey asked opening the door of the van before grabbing Popes hand and taking a seat beside the Boy while JJ sat on the floor rolling a blunt. He hadn't spoken to her much since the other day. It was awkward, however the girl struggled it off as natural for Pope. He seemed to be the quietest in the group. Only speaking when splearing out a fact or disagreeing with a decision made by the group.

"Picking up the kook queen" JJ messed, speaking as thought it was obvious.The girl couldn't help rolling her eyes before shoving the boy slightly, feeling a slight blush form on her face when touching his bare skin. She quickly scolded herself, rolling her eyes at the person she was becoming.