TEN

************

"I couldn't find the right words to use"-Remember When By Wallows

"You were bigger than the whole sky. You were more than just a short time" - Bigger than the whole sky By Taylor Swift

************

[CHAPTER TEN]
COMFORT CHARACTER

LACEY SAT BESIDE JJ IN THE BACK SEAT OF JOHN B'S CAR, PLAYING WITH A STRING THAT FELL OFF HIS T-SHIRT RIGHT ONTO HER LAP PERFECTLY, AS THOUGH IT WAS WAITING FOR HER TO PICK IT UP.She didn't think much of the small action, getting lost in thought as she wrapped the small string around her index finger, twisting and pulling at it until she was satisfied with how tight it was .The girl only let the blood circulation stop for a few seconds before unwrapping the string, repeating the action over and over again.She didn't know why the meaningless gesture was distracting her so much from the outside world, but it had, and truthfully she was happy about that.

Lacey Reynolds was twelve when she figured out strings could be pulled off any piece of clothing with just a small pull, and god did that make her mother's life a living hell. Every dress and nice piece of clothing in the house, her parents could afford at that time had multiple hem stitches missing or dangling off due to the girl getting distracted, and messing with the fabric. It was strangely calming to watch something so perfect get destroyed with just a little small tug of a string, it satisfied Lacey anyways. Most of the time she did it to distract herself, which it almost always worked, but other times she was just plainly in her on world.

Just like now, Lacey was in her own world, thinking about her mother which she frequently did. She couldn't comprehend the reason to why her mother would hire people to trash John B's house, her mind working a million miles per hour to try to think of a simple solution which she never came too.The worse part was that with no solution. Lacey had no explection to why her mother was involving herself in John B's Business. She had no idea what the Pogues even though of her anymore, did they think she was a traitor, that she knew about her mothers plan. She didn't think so, but then again why was the car ride so quite. She blamed it on the near death experience just felt by the group. However she could feel Pope's glances every few seconds, watching her every move.

"I mean it's obvious right?" John B asked, breaking the awkward silence taking up the van.His head turned around for a split second, glancing his eyes around the people in the van, keeping his eyes on Lacey a little bit longer that even else. "He had to know it would get back to me." 

Lacey couldn't help but empathising with John B's Situation - The girl hated that she did, it made her feel things, feelings that she hadn't felt in so long, the constant reminder that her family is gone. Now so is his. It was clear to Lacey that the boy was chasing this idea in hopes his father would return, maybe he would, who was she to judge. However Lacey Reynolds didn't believe in miracles.