14 : 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥

In the corner of the room, Norman huddled with a group of other children, each bearing the visible scars of numerous experiments. Their young faces bore the weight of their shared affliction, their bodies marked by the cruel trials they had endured. Since Norman had been relocated to this larger room three days ago, the routine remained unchanged, except for one ominous detail.

The meager portions of food they received with each meal were consistent, but the absence of any new experiments was a baffling departure from their norm.

   'It has been three days now, but so far... nothing's happened' Norman wondered.

Resting against the cold, sterile wall, he heaved a sigh, his unease growing with each passing moment.

Suddenly, a voice crackled over the intercom, shattering the eerie calm that had enveloped the room. "Attention, all subjects," it proclaimed, commanding their attention. "You will be witness to an experiment in progress shortly."

Confusion and hushed murmurs rippled through the group of children.

   "An experiment?" one child queried, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

   "Why do we have to do this?" another chimed in, a tone of frustration evident in his words.

   "I hate experiments..."

As the children exchanged their concerns and questions, the door to their room creaked open, revealing the austere figures of two doctors accompanied by a cadre of imposing bodyguards.

   "Hello, dear children."

❛ ━━・❪ 𝒂𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏 ❫ ・━━ ❜

   "How is 41176 today? No abnormalities?"The head doctor inquired, his tone professional and detached.

   "There are none so far, Doc." said one of the doctors.

   "Is she still experiencing pain?" 

   "Yes," another doctor said, "However, it appears that she's still immune to the new poison we've provided her."

   "Excellent. Move her to the glass chamber. I would like to showcase her to the children."