01 : 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

As the children ventured deeper into the forest, the towering trees loomed above them, their branches stretching out like ancient fingers reaching for the sky. The forest seemed like a realm from another dimension, where the flora and fauna took on peculiar shapes and colors, defying the norms of the world they had known. The path ahead was shrouded in an ethereal mist, adding an air of mystery to their journey.

Don halted his steps, gazing upward in awe at the colossal trees that surrounded them. Man, everything in the outside world is huge," he marveled, his voice tinged with a mix of wonder and trepidation. 

Gilda pivoted on her heel, her eyes scanning the surreal landscape, "It's a completely different forest from where we came."

Curious, amphibian-like creatures with delicate, translucent wings fluttered through the air, their movements akin to a graceful dance. Yvette's brows furrowed as she squinted at the creatures. "I feel like I've seen that bug somewhere," she mused, her tone tinged with a sense of nostalgia.

The other children spread out, their spirits buoyed by the enchanting surroundings. They clambered onto the gnarled roots of the towering trees, their laughter echoing through the forest. But caution was paramount, as Lannion's tumble from a fallen trunk served as a reminder of the forest's hazards.

Ray and Emma lagged behind the group, their vigilant eyes scanning the environment. Emma's grip tightened around the compass in her hand, her gaze fixed on the ever-so-slight movement of the needle.

   "Everyone, let's stay in a group as we walk." Emma announced, "We don't know what's out there, and pursuers from the farm might come."

Time wore on, and the group paused to catch their breath, their hunger gnawing at them after their escape. A loaf of bread was passed around like a precious treasure, each morsel savored as if it were a feast fit for royalty. Gilda's voice held a note of practicality as she doled out advice, "Don't eat everything all at once, just a little at a time. We need to stretch out the food and water we brought with us." 

   "Okay!" The children responded.

Amidst their makeshift meal, Ray's gaze flicked to Emma, who stood guard a short distance away. Her brow glistened with sweat, and her weariness was etched in the lines of her face. Fatigue etched lines on her face, and her fingers absentmindedly brushed against the bandaged remains of her left ear.