Chapter 11 - 'There's A Woman In My Dreams.'

Start from the beginning

"Let's start at the beginning." Cami suggested. Wolfgang let out a deep sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, in the beginning there was God..." Wolfgang started and Cami glared at him, silently telling him to cut the crap.

"Fine. In the year 1302, there was a witch named Antoinette. Antoinette was given the gift of foresight. One day she had a vision that a hybrid would rise from the blood of the doppelganger and burn the world to the ground."

"Your mom had a crazy vision of Klaus?"

"Just let me talk, okay?" Wolfgang said, "Her coven, Der Zerkel Der Sieben Shwestern, practised dark magic and reached out to the spirits. One in particular came to their aid - Esther Mikaelson. Under the instruction of the Original Witch, the coven devised a plan to create a living weapon to destroy Klaus and then all vampires."

"So your entire existence was engineered for the sole purpose of killing Klaus?" Cami asked and Wolfgang nodded.

"Bearing that in mind is probably the reason why I'm so messed up. I grew up with a dismissive mother who wanted to make me commit genocide, my younger sister was a relentless, psychopathic bully and the closest thing that I had to a father was Mikael, who only wanted to create a weapon to kill Klaus."

"You don't want to talk about your past because that's not what's troubling you, so what is?" Cami asked. Wolfgang sighed as he thought back to what was on his mind and also what Esther did to him.

"I'm going to need privacy for this." Wolfgang said as he pulled out a bag of sage and a lighter. He put the herb into the bowl and set it on fire, casting a privacy spell.

"I thought you were a vampire." Cami observed and Wolfgang nodded.

"The lighter has the privacy spell in it so that all I need to do is burn the sage." Wolfgang explained before he got down to business, "You asked what's troubling me? There's a woman in my dreams."

"And that concerns you?" Cami asked, not understanding Wolfgang's issue. The vampire nodded and poured himself another glass of whiskey.

"My mind is a safe haven. It's the only place I have complete control over but this woman is in my head. I don't know who she is or how I know her but I've been dreaming of her for days now."

"The problem is you fear losing control."

"The problem is that I have dissasociative identity disorder." Wolfgang replied before he expanded, "I suppressed my urges to kill Klaus to the point where I formed another personality hell-bent on killing him."

"So you have episodes?" Cami asked and Wolfgang shook his head. It wasn't that simple.

"I managed to have a witch tie this other personality to my humanity switch. He only comes out if I turn it off." Wolfgang explained. Cami nodded before she sighed.

"Well, there's nothing else I can really do." She sighed before she took Wolfgang's whiskey and downed it. The vampire watched her curiously before he got up and walked off, the mystery woman on his mind.

**********

Wolfgang held up the broken snooker cue as he ran the knife along it's edge, smoothing it out. Elijah joined him shortly after and Wolfgang threw him the other cue.

Wordlessly, the two vampires circled each other, their makeshift stakes raised like swords. Then Wolfgang charged. Elijah bought his cue up and parried the blow, stepping back and to the side. Even though they were both taught to fight by the same person, Wolfgang could already see the differences between his and Elijah's fighting styles.

Elijah thrust forwards and Wolfgang brought up his cue to block it, Elijah's sliding along the outer edge before Wolfgang took the opportunity to hit him. Elijah stumbled back and readjusted his grip before charging at Wolfgang. Deciding to stop toying with him, Wolfgang smoothly widened Elijah's arm with his blade and forced it into an arc, disarming him.

The vampire surged forward and struck Elijah across the face with the cue before stabbing the broken snooker cue into his heart.

As Elijah turned grey from his dessication, Wolfgang let out a sigh and ran a hand through his dark hair. For now at least, his bloodlust was sated but Wolfgang knew it wouldn't stay that way for very long.