Part 55: Take her and leave

"Your dad.. He's.. Dead." I confessed to the little cubs in front of me, "What?! So he came back here for nothing?! I can't even believe we had a dad.. for nothing!" Darien shouted, his face getting red. "Darien?!" I angrily said "Your father was a good man, he loved me and you all more than anything! He fought for us! So don't tell me he was for nothing!" "You know mom, I don't even know if he was fighting in the war! He might've been with some woman, maybe just to get away from us!" *SLAP* I slapped Darien "Don't talk about your father like that! He was good!" I yelled at him, he held is left cheek. The cubs were all quiet, "Yes, maybe at first he might've been with some woman before, but he chose to be with me! And he chose to have beautiful children!" I yelled again. "And when you all were just little cubs, he left! Yes, he did! But for a very good fucking reason! There was a war coming and he couldn't stand seeing his own children and wife get hurt anymore! So he chose to fight for our safety," I kept yelling. "Mommy, stop." I heard Winter mutter out, "So be grateful for what he has done, for his sacrifice." I said as tears ran down my cheeks. I felt hands on my shoulders, I looked back "I think that's enough, Miss White. I think they get the point. Now we need to talk." Cindy sternly said. I turned around and followed her out the door, "Go to bed." I demanded the cubs. I closed and locked the door behind me, "So, what do we need to talk about." I crossed my arms. "We need to talk about the wolf you took hostage, their queen." She icily said, I looked over to my side. I saw Red riding hood looking at Theresa in her wheelchair. I'm pretty sure little red loves Theresa, since she raised her since a cub. She was just afraid. Theresa's hair was covering her face, I looked at Cindy, patiently waiting for an answer. "I clearly can't trust her around the cubs. She's too dangerous." I said, " I can take care of her." Red overheard. "Are you sure Red?" I asked "Yeah, I can try to talk to her." "No, you can't take her, she's a hostage. Her kingdom will come to the farm and kill everyone, let me take her." Cindy said. "Fine, take her and leave I don't want anymore trouble." I crossed my arms.